Wednesday, February 11, 2015

What? When? How?

Blogging.

My decision to make my blog known to my friends, family, and social media circles was both a tough one and a smart one. As I became more and more engulfed in Blogworld, I realized that expanding my audience and growing my blog were things I definitely wanted to do; I realized that I absolutely loved blogging, and I wanted people to read the things I wrote. Even still, I'm often asked, "So, like, what is a blog?" and it's a pretty difficult question to answer because every blogger blogs differently. Some put it all out there, like an online journal, while others blog about DIY projects, their job, etc. I can't answer for every blogger, but I can tell you a little more about Keeping Pace...


What it is {Part Two} Find part ONE here.

So, I wrote a post about how I intended to use this blog back in the summer, and I think I've stuck to that pretty well. I do talk about family and other things going on in my life some, but I hope that most of what you see here is health and fitness related. However, I consider Keeping Pace a lifestyle blog. There are thousands upon thousands of lifestyle blogs out there, and even though it's a pretty broad category, we all still have our "niches" in which we prefer to stay. Mine is fitness and weight loss. While I blog about a little of everything, you're most likely reading me to see how I'm doing in my fitness journey, which is great! Just know that there will be other things along the way :)

When do I blog?

All the time. Sometimes early in the morning before Vaught wakes up... During my lunch hour. During Vaught's evening nap. While we're having supper (technology at the table is a huge no-no, but I sometimes break my own rule to get posts done). After Vaught goes to bed. After Eric goes to bed. Okay, maybe you get it by now. My downtime, including time not spent with family, is split between the gym and this blog, but I do take a day or two off from it entirely every couple of weeks. On average, I probably spend 25-30 hours a week on my blog. Since I've made a small income from blogging, I suppose I could call it work, but it doesn't feel like it at all. I love it that much!

How?!

How do you start a blog? How do you organize posts? How do you decide what to post and when? How do you edit your photos? The questions are endless, and there's no correct, perfect answer to any of them. As my blog gains more readers, I might host a question-and-answer post one day, but I feel like it's a little too soon for that. Starting a blog is super easy; it's sticking with it and growing the blog that's difficult. However, if you enjoy it (and I do, very much so), it will never feel like work. It's a little frustrating sometimes, especially when dealing with design and HTML coding, but I honestly love every part of it!
I hope this clears up a few questions you might have, but please feel free to leave a comment or shoot me an email if you have any other blog-related questions. Like I said, I would definitely like to do a Q&A post some day soon! In the meantime, check out a few of my favorite blogs listed below. Although I read a lot of blogs and am constantly adding to my reading list, these are the ones I read on a weekly basis; these bloggers are so inspiring (and entertaining)! I love my blog-friends!
Fellow Mom/Lifestyle Bloggers:
Mallory at MalSmiles
Healthy Eating:
Taralynn at Simply Taralynn

Weight Loss:
Kelly at Fat Girl Gone Fit

Local:
Lauren at Such a time as this.

4 comments:

  1. Bloggers get asked this all the time. I love how you made in a perspective of just your blog. It's interesting learning more about your blog and process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jazmine! I get various questions all the time; maybe some day I can sit down and do a Q&A so I can answer them all! Wishful thinking!

      Delete
  2. I love this post!! I've been testing the waters in the blogging world for almost a year, but I'm scared to fully commit. Your posts are great inspirations! Keep up the amazing work! I'm so proud you've found your happy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ali! This made my day. I think the key is to find what makes you happy--find something you can write about (blog about) on an almost daily basis. Keep testing the waters, and when you find that something you'll know it!!

      Delete