Monday, July 20, 2015

Vacation: Monday & Tuesday

Monday and Tuesday were much, much smoother days than Saturday and Sunday.

Monday


Vaught woke up a little after eight. The funny thing about a baby is that when he wakes up, everyone else has to as well. We stayed with my brother and his wife in a condo across the street from Phoenix West, where my parents and family were staying. We got dressed and drove to Walmart for a few groceries for the week. A few turned into way too many. I had a small list of healthy foods I wanted: yogurt, skim milk, peanut butter, eggs, whole grain bread, nuts, etc... The boys had other things in mind. We returned with juice and Dr. Pepper, two packs of Italian bratwurst, Reese's Puffs cereal, cookies, chips, and pizza. I was a little annoyed at first but decided to just go with it. I was able to sneak a few of my healthy things into the cart, but if you think I went all week without a bowl of Reese's Puffs, you are seriously mistaken.

We put our groceries away, then changed into swimsuits and packed our bags for the pool. We walked across the street to mom and dad's, but not before locking ourselves out of the condo. I became extremely thankful for a big, strong husband and a smaller but equally tough little brother! Eric hoisted him up to the second floor with his hands, where Joe Keith was able to grab hold and pull himself up! I was so thankful that Mykala and I had left the balcony's sliding door unlocked. It was a story we loved telling the rest of the day!



 After that minor incident, we walked across the street, where my mom insisted on watching Vaught for a few hours while we laid out by the pool. I think she felt bad for us and the previous two days we'd had, so we didn't argue with her; we knew better! We lounged by the pool for a couple hours then came up for lunch.

Afterwards, we decided to take Vaught to the beach to see the ocean. A storm was coming, so we had to be quick! We sat him on the edge of the water and let the waves could wash over his little legs; he liked it at first, but then it became a little overwhelming! We were able to get a few good pictures.





We went back up the room and put Vaught down for a nap. It began raining, and I decided to go out for a pedicure. After that, I found the cutest little coffee shop! It was actually a realty office combined with a coffee shop and cafĂ©. Hi, I'd like a beach-front condo and also a latte...?! Their caramel macchiato was delicious! I love my knack for finding unique little shops and cafes; I'll definitely be coming back here soon!


Dinner that night was grilled steaks at the family condo. Eric had marinated the ribeyes at lunch time, so he took them down to grill, while my aunt and I prepared garlic butter bread and baked potatoes. Several years ago, we went out to eat every single night, and I remember how disappointed I was the year we decided to start spending a couple of nights eating in at the condo. Now that I'm a little older, I really enjoy this. It's much less hectic and more intimate. I'm not going to regret this extra time with my family.


 

Look who's suddenly so interested in standing!
 

Tuesday

Vaught woke us up at 6:30 and we went to Hazel's Family Restaurant for their breakfast buffet. When Eric surprised me by driving down to the beach last summer, this is where we went for breakfast the next morning and loved it! Vaught ate some cereal, a few bites of biscuit, and Eric's wallet.



We got back to our condo around eight, and I decided to go for a run down Perdido Key Boulevard, the main "strip" along Orange Beach and the Gulf Coast. I had every intention of running from Phoenix West to Grand Point (the condo we stayed at last year and several years before, located at the very end of the strip before the bridge to Florida). It seemed easy enough, but I totally underestimated the distance. I figured it would be two miles each way at most, but they're actually a little more than 3.5 miles apart; that would have been a seven mile run! I could have done it, no doubt, but I didn't want to spend half my morning running! I turned around after two miles and ended up with a little more than a 3.5 mile run total. I burnt 655 calories and was dripping in sweat! Even still, I felt amazing! I wish I would have gone for a run every morning!
 
We changed into swimsuits at mom and dad's condo and went down to the pool. Vaught loved the water so much! We spent some time floating in the lazy river, then went to the wave pool.
 

I was getting our stuff arranged on some chairs when Eric pulled my phone out and told me to pose with Vaught for a photo. My initial reaction was OMG, NO! because I was in just my swimsuit, but I decided to let go of that insecurity and just take the damn picture. I'm glad I did because when I looked at it several minutes later, I realized it wasn't half bad. I definitely wasn't the most in-shape mom out there, but I stopped comparing and just embraced how good I felt. I'm glad we got the bikini shot early in the week though because I did not feel so slim by Friday.

After a little bit of swimming, this guy was ready for his morning nap.


I took Vaught up to mom and dad's room for a nap then came back to the pool for more sun (my grandmother was kind enough to watch him while he napped).

 
Tuesday night's dinner was at Wolf Bay Lodge, one of our favorite places! But not before Eric and Vaught took a short nap in our condo! I hated to have to wake them... They're so precious together!


 
Vaught was still sleeping when we got to the restaurant. He didn't wake up until we were seated and was then perky and wide awake. He sucked on some lemons and ate a roll for dinner.




We got a few family photos after we ate, then my brother, his wife, Eric, and I went to Adventure Island for mini golf.

Come back tomorrow to hear about Wednesday and Thursday!

2 comments:

  1. THE MAJORITY HAS NEVER BEEN RIGHT BY STEVE FINNELL

    When the subject of Christianity has been debated the majority has never been right.

    The majority of first century Jews rejected Jesus as the messiah.---The majority has never been right.

    John 4:25, 26 The woman said to Him. "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will tell us all things."
    26 Jesus said to her. "I who speak to you am He."(NKJV)

    The majority of world rejects Jesus as the only Savior.---The majority has never been right.

    Acts 4:10-12 ...the name of Jesus Christ.....12 "Nor is there no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved."(NKJV)

    The majority of those who claim to be Christians believe the false doctrine of original sin. They believe that because Adam and Eve sinned that all men are guilty of spiritual sin at birth. They believe in inherited sin.---The majority has never been right.

    Ezekiel 18:20 "The soul that sins shall die. The son shall not bear the guilt of the father, nor the father bear the guilt of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself. (NKJV)

    No man has inherited the guilt of Adam. Men will face spiritual death because of their own sins.

    Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned---(NKJV)

    Death spread to all men because all men have sinned.

    The majority of those who claim Jesus as Savior believe that modes of water baptism are sprinkling and pouring---The majority has never been right.

    Mark 16:16 Whoever trusts and is immersed will be saved; whoever does not trust will be condemned. (Complete Jewish Bible)
    Mark 16:16 He who has believed, and has been immersed, will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (The Better Version of the New Testament by Chester Estes)

    There are no translations that translate Mark 16:16 as such, "He who believes and has been sprinkled or poured shall be saved."---The majority has never been right.

    The majority of Baptist believe that water baptism is not essential to the forgiveness of sins and that once you are saved you can never be lost---The majority of Baptists have never been right.

    Acts 2:38 Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.(NKJV)
    Galatians 5:1-4.....you have fallen from grace.(NKJV)

    The majority of those who claim to be Christian believe that their church denomination is the final authority when it comes to faith and practice of the Christian faith---The majority has never been right.

    The word of God found in the Bible and the Bible alone is not only the final authority, but the only authority for mankind.

    THE MAJORITY WILL NOT BE GOING TO HEAVEN

    Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. 14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.(NKJV)

    If the majority were always right there would be many who find life eternal, however---The majority has never been right.

    Luke 13:23-24 Then one said to Him, "Lord, are there few who are saved?" And He said to them, 24 "Strive to enter the narrow gate for many, I say to you, will seek to enter and will not be able.(NKJV)


    YOU ARE INVITED TO FOLLOW MY BLOG. http://steve-finnell.blogspot.com








    Posted by Steve Finnell at 8:11 AM No comments:
    Email This
    BlogThis!
    Share to Twitter
    Share to Facebook
    Share to Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are so cute! Glad things got a little better after a cranky day.

    ReplyDelete