Monday, February 2, 2015

Valentine's Day Guest Post Opportunity

No, not for me, but for you!


     I hate being a Negative Nancy, but I highly dislike Valentine's Day. The hearts, the frills, the lovey-dovey letters and gifts... bleh. I've never been a touchy-feely girl, and my husband isn't all butterflies and rainbows either. We usually go out on a nice date, but we don't really do flowers and gifts and chocolates. I go buy all the chocolate the day after when it's on clearance!

     Since I seem to blog about a little of everything here, I decided I shouldn't totally disregard V-Day, but no one wants to read a post comprised of a bullet-pointed-list of why I hate Valentine's Day. So, instead of writing a piece myself, I'm giving one of you an opportunity to write something for me. In Blogworld, we call this a guest post. I've guest-posted for someone else's blog before but never had anyone do one for mine, perhaps because I've never really needed it; I have too much to say as it is! Normally I would ask a fellow blogger, but I wanted to leave this open for everyone. Perhaps you've got a great cookie/cake recipe to share. Or a hair or makeup tutorial we ladies can try for a Valentine's date. Maybe you can share an easy at-home dinner for couples who want to stay put instead of fighting for a table in a crowded restaurant! Doesn't matter at all, as long as it is somewhat related to Valentine's Day.

     Assuming I can line one of you up for a guest post, your piece will post Thursday, February 12th, at 9AM, in place of Thirty on Thursday (hey, another great idea--you can also take over Thirty on Thursday). You will email it to me by Wednesay night so I can edit and schedule it to post the next morning. I will share it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Bloglovin', and you'll receive full credit as the author. Your work must be 100% original; I'm an English teacher, and I can smell plagiarism from a mile away. I really hope one of you decides to take me up on this! If not, not only will I feel a little defeated and totally awkward, but there will probably not be a post about Valentine's Day. Maybe you can change my mind about my distaste for Valentine's Day!

Email me at keepingpacekate@gmail.com or inbox me on any of my social networks for more details if you're interested. Like I said, this is open to everyone, and if multiple people contact me, I may try to figure out a way to roll you all into one post or schedule you for a guest-post in the future. If you've ever considered starting a blog, now is your chance to get a taste of that life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment