Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Dessert means we're celebrating.


On Father's Day, I announced that my husband had accepted a job teaching a new machine shop program at a community college in our area. I guess we both spoke too soon; less than a week later, a new opportunity teaching at another technical college came to Eric, and he had to make a difficult decision.

Without going into a lot of detail, I'll just say that he decided to take the second job offer with William R. Moore Technical College in Memphis, TN. We were so excited about the first opportunity, and we're both still a little torn about this new journey. I'll be honest; I'm still a bit more hesitant than my husband. But I wanted the decision to be his, and he's always made the best choice for our family... I trust him one hundred percent.

At Moore Tech, Eric will actually be teaching a CNC machining program alongside his good friend and workout partner, Dave, the same guy who recommended him to the Board of the first college. Eric hated to go back on the offer he'd verbally accepted with Southwest Tennessee Community College, but I know he's made a decision he'll be happy with.

So, last night I decided to take him out to celebrate! When he got back from his workout, I was dressed and ready to go and had Vaught ready as well. We rushed him through a quick shower then let him take us wherever he wanted. We ended up at Firebirds in Collierville, TN--one of our very favorite restaurants! It was lovely getting to enjoy a nice dinner out on a random Tuesday night. We even splurged and got dessert. I had their chocolate brownie with caramel sauce and ice cream, while Eric a decadent slice of crème brulee cheesecake. Vaught sat in the highchair next to us and ate little pieces of bread and a good bit of my garlic mashed potatoes! He just ate and played with his toys like the sweet little guy that he is!

 
We had a great time, and we're so excited for Eric! Congratulations to him, once again! I still can't believe I'm married to a college instructor! I guess I'll keep him :)

No comments:

Post a Comment