Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Not Another Mommy Blog...

An acquaintance recently referred to my blog as a "mommy blog," and my immediate reaction was, "Oh, no, no, no, whoa, stop right there... This is not a mommy blog."


Absolutely NO disrespect to mom blogs, but this is more my style...
 
     When I think of a mommy blog, I think of those really cutesy ones with pictures of their children everywhere, pages upon pages of recipes, kid-friendly crafts, DIY projects, current trends and issues relating to children (the vaccine epidemic, Common Core), etc. Those blogs are great and are so helpful and intriguing at times, but that is not what I'm about, nor is that a direction in which I'd like to go with Keeping Pace.

      I'm a wife and mother first and always will be. These are the two jobs I love the most and, coincidentally, the two jobs I feel that I do better than anything else. Better than blogging. Better than teaching. Better than working out. Better than anything else I could do with my life. At the same time though, I want to keep these roles somewhat private from my blog. Yes, I talk about being a wife and mother quite often, but there are also many things I do not share and never will share for my family's sake. I mean absolutely no offense to mommy blogs, and I know that those mothers protect their families in Blogworld too, but that's just not how I want to use my little corner of the WWW.

     Fitness and health are very important to me right now, and when you visit my blog, that is primarily what I would like for you to see. As a brand influencer though, there will be some posts regarding different aspects of my life, but I'd like to keep these at a minimum. I'm vowing to try at least!



      As in love as I am with being a wife and mother to my two sweet guys, I never want to lose a sense of who I am without those titles. Although their needs and happiness come before my own, I realize that my happiness is important too. This blog is a place where everything can be about me. Does that sound a little selfish? I think it's okay if it does. I'm so encouraged by all of you who are supporting me and cheering me on in my fitness journey. I know you enjoy seeing photos and reading about our little family as well, but I'm going to try to post a little less of that, a little more about this incredible journey.

As always, thank you for reading and for allowing me to be my authentic self. Even on the World Wide Web, I don't feel as if I need to hide, and I think that's incredibly ironic. I love being able to be open and completely honest with you all about my life, my struggles, and my journey. Thank you for being you :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment