Thursday, February 5, 2015

#30onThursday

Today you'll need: a mat (optional) and a set of dumbbells. 

Last Thursday was all about abs, and today I'm focusing mostly on legs (with a little booty action too). My legs and midsection took the biggest hits during pregnancy, so I'm always pushing myself in these areas. Lunges are the devil, but they work!! 

Do the following as many times as you can for thirty minutes. It will burn, but it will feel amazing when you finish!! One thing I've learned about training legs is that they are so much stronger than you think!! 

Don't forget to warm up and stretch when you're finished :)

20 alternating lunges (10 on each leg) 
15 weighted squats (shoulder width) 
10 donkey kicks each leg (Google for  how-to)
15 weighted sumo squats 
1 minute plank (Yes, I love planks)! 

I can't even explain how much I enjoy doing these every Thursday and sharing them with you. I love going to the gym, but I also enjoy these workouts at home in my living in room. Vaught usually sits in his swing or plays on his mat; as long as he can see me, he's a happy baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment