Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thirty on Thursday: A Little of Everything


Don't hate me; I did #30onThursday at the gym last week. I had just presented my big presentation for my graduate school class the previous night and was still on a high from its success! I had to get out of the house and get back into my element since I had kind of neglected fitness in the days leading up to my presentation! Even still, this is a workout you can do right at home with a couple of sets of dumbbells! I focused on working my entire body for an "everything day" workout (and then I snuck a few miles in on the treadmill).

You'll need:
a mat (optional)
a set of dumbbells- Since I was at the gym I was able to use three different sets, but anything you have will work! Just squeeze your muscles through every rep to really exhaust them. Adding reps is always an option too!

Warm Up: always, always, always warm up first! No static stretching--jog in place/jump rope, do jumping jacks for two minutes. Just get those muscles nice and warm! Stretch at the end :)

Legs:
30 forward walking weighted lunges (I used two fifteen pounds dumbbells and did these ten at a time).
15 dumbbell squats
10 pulsating squats
Rest one minute and repeat**

Arms & Shoulders:
20 seated or standing military press (10 on each arm; I used 20's for this)
15 narrow grip upright rows (I used 20's)
20 tricep dips or extensions (I used one 20 and did extensions).
20 lateral raises
20 front raises (I used 8's for lateral and front raises)
Rest one minute and repeat**

Chest & Abs:
20 pushups (modified or military style)
10 chest flies (I used 10's)
15 flat back bench press (I used 15's)
25 crunches
25 reverse crunches
40 second plank
Rest one minute and repeat**

Stretch and relax!

     This took me about thirty minutes at the gym, and I'm glad I had the resources there to switch to lower or higher weight if needed. However, if you're at home with a set of five or ten pound dumbbells, this can definitely still work for you! Do higher reps if needed or do some jumping jacks during your resting minute to keep your heart rate up. You don't have to have a gym to have a good workout!


     I also have to include here that I'm not a fitness expert, nor am I qualified as a personal trainer, so keep in mind that these are simply workouts I do at home that I like sharing with y'all. One day I would love to be a certified trainer, but I think I need to take all of these giant aspirations one leap at a time!

Thank you for being such awesome readers and followers! Happy Sweating!!!
Come back tomorrow for a postpartum update!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment