Friday, February 6, 2015

Ode to the Resolutioners

 

We've all felt like Fat Amy at some point... Right?
I see your statuses and posts about going to the gym and getting in shape, and I just want you to know that you have my support 100%. My fitness journey began with a resolution on Christmas Day in 2013, and it's been a long, hard road, but it's nowhere near over. I'm still pushing, still struggling, but I'm getting there. I want you to know that it may not be that hard right now, but the more you progress, the more difficult the journey becomes. Don't give up. Don't quit. It's worth the fight, I promise.

I see your gym selfies and sweaty Insta shots, and I "like" the hell out of 'em. To be honest, I always wanted to be "one of those girls" but was afraid. I was afraid I'd get made fun of or that people would find me annoying. I'm sure I do get made fun of sometimes, and I can name five people who most definitely find some of my stuff annoying. That's okay.

They don't have to understand my journey. It's not for them. 
 
Remember who your journey is for.

My husband can't stand you. 
We're both members of the gym near our home, but he refuses to return until March when "all the resolutioners have given up." Don't give up. He can be kind of a jerk sometimes, yes, but I love him. Prove him wrong; I love it when I do.

It's February now, and I still see so many of you, and it makes me smile. Since I go to a small gym and am pretty regular in my routine, I can usually tell who's new. You're easy to spot because so many of you still walk around awkwardly, aimlessly. But you're here and that's all that matters.

I've been thinking of writing this post for quite a while, adding to it and taking away from it a little at a time as I go. I was waiting for the right time to post. I know that so many people have given up
by now or are at least close to it. Very few people actually follow through with their resolution to get fit and healthy at the beginning of the new year. I'm here to tell you that I support you, and I don't
want you to quit. You have my support, and I'm cheering you on, every one of you. You will get there, and I'll be here to celebrate with you when you do.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment