Saturday, June 20, 2015

Week Three Progress

   Three weeks of healthy eating and exercising have paid off; I'm down a pound and a half this week! Total loss so far this summer is 9.5 pounds!

 

    Okay, so it's only nine and a half pounds, but is the physical difference as drastic to your eyes as it is to mine?? This is three solid weeks now of clean eating, 3-4 weight-lifting sessions each week, and at least two short sessions of cardio. I also go for a walk/stroll/jog with Vaught almost every day, but we were lazy this week and only went once!

Nutrition
    I've reached the point where the weight loss begins to level off and isn't so drastic. This is usually the part where I begin slipping on my eating. This is usually where I begin giving up. No, not today. I've continued eating really well, rarely going over my caloric intake, which I track using MyFitnessPal. I'm not as obsessed with counting calories as I used to be, but I have to track in order for this to work. Someday, I hope I don't have to carry around my phone or a notebook to log every bite I take, but I'm still working on portion control. It's a journey after all, right? There was one time I overate a good bit this week; it was at Maria's Cantina Thursday night. I snacked on chips, salsa, guacamole, and a teensy bit of cheese dip! I ate half of my whole wheat chicken burrito and took the rest home. But I had two strawberry margaritas (heart eyes emoticon). I LOVE margs and hadn't had one in so long! It was well worth the nutrition splurge. And I still lost weight this week!
Tuesday morning breakfast and snack for later!

Have you tried Subway's salads?? They're delicious!

I made the BEST peanut butter, banana protein smoothie last night!
3 ice cubes
1 frozen banana, chopped
1/4 C 2% milk
1 tbls peanut butter
1 tbls Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl whey protein
 

Last night's dinner: 1/2 baked sweet potato, 1/4 cup southern style quinoa, 1/2 cup sautéed squash and zucchini, 3 ounces of baked chicken!

ONE of Thursday night's margaritas.... !!!

Workouts
    My workouts have been amazing, but that's not really anything new ;) I give it my all when I go to the gym. That's the one hour I get to be completely alone (at least in my head) and take out my frustrations in the squat rack or free weights or on the treadmill. I absolutely love it. I posted my HIIT treadmill workout a few days ago, so I hope some of you have given it a try. I did it again last night and was sweating like crazy by the end. It's total of about 1.3 miles, and I burnt about 240 calories just from that time on the tread!
 


 
ItWorks
    I've drank my Greens three times this week and taken a Thermofit pill twice. I'm still waiting for my new shipment to come in. I've done well not using the products as much this week, which makes me think I'll be perfectly fine when I decide to no longer use the weight loss supplements. I'm actually really excited to try their skin care line!
 
NSVs
    I'm working on a post about these, but my biggest one is from Thursday night, pre-margaritas. I'm wearing white linen shorts and a Piko top. I love Pikos but loathe the sleeves... Like, is it really necessary that they be so dang tight?! Anyway, the sleeves weren't too tight, and this size large was actually pretty big on me. The shorts are a size XL from Old Navy. I felt fit and pretty :)
 
     I hope to see more progress next week for week four. With Father's Day this weekend, we've got a few family things going on, so I hope to keep eating healthy and making time for a little exercise. On a not-so-nutritious note, did you miss the Instagram post about my husband KILLING the five pound burrito challenge? He got his picture on their wall of fame and won $100!!
 
 

 
 


2 comments:

  1. I really need to get back on the horse. With family in town, the start of rain season and my husband in night classes it so hard to get a chance to just get a great workout in. But those are just excuses. You should post a workout/meal plan printable. I would totally download that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the struggle for sure! It's hard when you're so busy, but you're right: when it comes down to it, we will use a busy, hectic schedule as an excuse. I have considered making my own printables with my meals and workouts, and now I think I just might do it! I had a couple of people tell me they loved my HIIT I posted a few days ago. I love my workouts, so I think others would too!

      Delete