Monday, June 1, 2015

Made from Scratch Pancakes!

 
In my opinion, there are very few breakfast foods that can compete with fluffy, homemade pancakes! Once you try this recipe, you'll never buy instant mix again! Enjoy!

Ingredients

 
2 Cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder (not baking soda!)
1 Tbls sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Cup milk
3 Tbls melted butter
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
 
Directions
Are you ready for this?? Mix all dry ingredients, then add wet ingredients (milk, melted butter, egg, and vanilla extract if you choose) and proceed with pancake-making as usual. That's all there is to it! This makes 10-12 medium-sized pancakes.
 

 


 
I've been using this recipe for a few years now. Sometimes my mixture can be a little too thick or too runny, usually due to my whipping it up in a hurry. Keep the milk and flour nearby to add to your mixture if needed!

 
When I made a batch yesterday morning, my mixture was the perfect texture! I have no idea what made me get creative, but I ended up making a few Mickey Mouse pancakes. Aren't these adorable! Just make two small circles up top for his ears then add a larger circle down between them. I did it with my spoon!

7 comments:

  1. Looks super yummy! Breakfast is one of my favorite meals to eat! I could eat it any time of the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made from scratch is always better! I love pancakes, especially when I make breakfast for dinner. These look delicious! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum I love all things pancakes!! Sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummmm! Seems simple, but delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love from scratch pancakes! So easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, I love pancakes but have never tried to make them from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These looks delicious and I love the Mickey Mouse creation! From scratch is the best!

    ReplyDelete