Thursday, June 18, 2015

My HIIT Treadmill Workout!

     I'm so excited to share this with you! I love HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workouts and have been playing around with my own for a while. HIIT is perfect for building strength and stamina, as well as torching fat! You can find all sorts of HIIT workouts online, ranging from treadmill to dumbbell workouts. I have even come across a few that require nothing at all except for space to move around! Personally, I prefer to do HIIT only in my treadmill workouts for some good, quick cardio. The workout below is one that I made and have done a few times in the past few weeks. Since I'm changing it up every couple of minutes, I don't get bored, and as it gets easier, I will adjust my speed and/or inclines. Keep in mind that this workout is great for me; I have short legs, so the 3.5 speed is pretty brisk for me, while it's an easy walk in the park for other people. And 6.0 is pretty close to a sprint for me! Feel free to adjust this to fit your fitness level. This is a pretty good workout for the HIIT beginner!

Save this photo or take a screen shot and give this workout a try tonight!
 
 
Don't forget to do a short cool down at the end. If you followed the chart, you just ran more than a mile and burnt close to 250 calories! Go make a protein smoothie and REST!

4 comments:

  1. Kate, I love this! I incorporate HIIT twice a week into my workouts and will definitely be trying this out next week! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna! I do hiit twice weekly as well! Hope you like it!

      Delete
  2. I guess this is my first visit here and I always love it. I am going to be a frequent visitor here. Love your writing style. Thanks for this wonderful tips. Even though I am not very good with writing I can see where you are going with the suggestions. runnium

    ReplyDelete