Sunday, June 21, 2015

A very happy Father's Day announcement

     

    Of all of Eric's strengths, loving Vaught and me is definitely his strongest. He always does what is best for us as a family, and I couldn't be more grateful. That's why when a new job opportunity presented itself about a month ago, Eric prayed for guidance in his inquiry. "I just want to do what's best for us," he told me time and time again. "I've got to know that this is what's best." As his wife, I prayed for him and encouraged him. We sat at the kitchen table and went over the pros and cons (multiple times). Together, we decided that he should go for it.

 A community college near our home is starting a new CNC machining program, and a few weeks ago they reached out to Eric for help. In need of a good, experienced machinist to head the new program, they had heard impressive things about him and his skills from one of Eric's friends who teaches at another college. Eric interviewed with the Dean of the school and three other "important people" as he says, and then we began a four day waiting period. 

    Last Tuesday, Eric got the call; he got the job and is now an instructor at the college! He will start in August for the new school year. We're both so excited about this new journey for him and for our family. Along with a modest salary increase (he's got killer negotiation skills, people), there are so many more benefits to this job, including better insurance, summers off, pension upon retirement, and much more. Although we'd begun thinking about moving to the northeastern side of the state a couple months ago, something told me to take the teaching job close to our current home. I just had this odd feeling that something good was coming our way. Less than a month after I accepted, this amazing opportunity came to Eric. 

He says that this is the job he wants to retire from, and I support him 100%. This is the life he wants to build for us as a family, and we're looking forward to the days ahead. 

So, today I'm thankful for the man I proudly call the father of my son and my husband. I'm thankful for his love and his faith in God's guidance. Happy Father's Day to him, to all you dads. We love you and are so thankful for all that you do for our families! 


And congratulations, Eric, a new college instructor!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! That says a lot about him as a person if word of mouth helped him get that new job. Congrats!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete