Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Vaught: 9 Months Old

It's been nine months already?!



Weight: 22 pounds, 4 ounces
Length: 29 inches 

Food: There's not much this boy doesn't like. He's going to have a good appetite like his dad! He takes formula a few times a day and eats a spoon-fed meal twice a day. He loves feeding himself organic puffs and teething wafers by HappyFamily (HappyBaby) brand. I also like offering him a taste of whatever we're eating (soft bread, pancakes, yogurt). He tasted key lime pie yogurt yesterday; not a fan!

Sleep: He sleeps 10-12 hours at night in his crib and takes two good naps each day. Sometimes he'll take three naps, but the third one will be short--usually less than an hour. About once a week he wakes up in the middle of the night crying and has to be soothed back to sleep after a diaper change and bottle. When I go into his room when this happens, he's usually stuck or twisted in a funny position and can't get "un-stuck." It's cute but also kinda heartbreaking.

Clothes: Vaught wears size 9-12 month, and I'm buying 18 months and up right now. I try not to buy too much though because his grandmothers get him a lot!

Teeth: Vaught has two adorable bottom teeth and two top ones that have just made their appearance in the past week or two. He's not been irritable or fussy with teething, but I sometimes feel like I need therapy after handling his dirty diapers.

Movement: No crawling yet, which is fine with me. I'm enjoying his immobility a little while longer. He's a sneaky little thing though and can scoot and wiggle across the floor on his bottom. He will turn to his side and rock like he's about to crawl, but instead goes to his tummy and "swims" across the floor.

Words: Vaught says mama, dada, Lola "wo-ah," and "uh-oh!" You have to add me on Facebook to see the uh-oh video. It's sure to make your day!

Personality: At nine months old, I just have to say that I don't think this boy could be any sweeter. He is so friendly and loving and grins and giggles at everyone who catches his eye. He rarely fusses or cries, and when he does, he's pretty easy to soothe. I feel like he's just going to be this easy-going, laid back little guy, just like his dad! I think he'll be friendly and happy like his mom. He seems to be the perfect mixture of the two of us.

Pictures








Come back Saturday for my week four fitness update!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! How do you handle all of that damn cuteness?! I just want to kiss him all over that sweet face of his. You are blessed!

    ReplyDelete