Thursday, June 4, 2015

Summer Goals

Sorry for the absence in the past few days! I thought that now that school is out I'd be bursting at the seams with blogging ideas, but I think my mind has needed a little time to recuperate. Below are a few goals I hope to accomplish in my health/fitness journey this summer!

1. Drink more water. I aim for 150 ounces a day, so I'm going to keep refilling those water bottles I keep around the house! Water is sooo good for your body--it boosts your metabolism, fills you up quicker at mealtimes, and works wonders on your skin! I remember that I went two or three years when I was younger seldom drinking anything besides water, and my friends were always complimenting me on my clear, smooth skin!

2. Drop pounds, tone up. Ughh, does it ever end? I found myself in a slump a few weeks ago, and I've had to really kick myself back into gear! I hope to continue eating healthily and working out four times per week, as well as running and taking walks with Vaught.

3. Eat in, stay thin. We go out to eat a lot more than we should, and while I do order healthy items at restaurants as best as I can, I know that there are sneaky little things (like excessive sodium and added sugar) in restaurant food that I need to avoid. Aside from the days we go on vacation in July, we are going to try to eat out just once per week. Wish us luck!

4. Drop a pants size. I believe this would make me a size... 12, maybe? Most size 14 things fit me now. I've even run into a few that are too large. I'm trying not to focus so much on numbers and sizes, but it would be nice to have to go shopping for new work clothes all over again! (Are you reading, Mom? Hi, Bev!)

5. Focus on how I feel. I know this contradicts goals 2 and 4, but this is, after all, what is most important in my fitness journey. Just in the past five days, I have ditched soda and sugary Starbucks drinks (YES, YOU READ THAT CORRECTLY), and I feel incredible. I look and feel leaner, and my belly no longer feels gassy and bloated in the morning (ew). That's not to say I will forego Starbucks this entire summer, but it's been nice to detox my body a little. I feel much better already, so I want to channel my energy on how I feel on those days when I think I'm losing motivation.

Come back tomorrow for a post about my first week at home this summer!
 
What are some of your summer goals?
 
 

8 comments:

  1. AWESOME golas! Love reading posts like this! Congrats on ditching soda and Starbucks! I recently started reading the book, I Quit Sugar, and I started cutting back on sugar and yea, you can definitely feel the difference! Hope you have a wonderful summer! xoxoxo, Kayla www.lostgenygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great book--I'll have to check into that!

      Delete
  2. Awesome goals! I did a whole month soda fast and it was amazing how great I felt after cutting the sugary drinks out. I now have a rule that I just don't "drink my calories" unless it's a protein shake or a special occasion. It has helped so much! good luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great rule to follow in a healthy lifestyle. Those sugary drinks are sooo delicious but so bad for us! I'm going to try to just have one as a treat once a week!

      Delete
  3. I have these goals, too! I'm really looking for changes this year and these are part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! I have a problem with eating out as well. I spend way too much money eating out.
    and...I'M IN A SLUMP AS WELL!!!!!!! I haven't worked out in weeks. Please help me kick my butt into gear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, you got this! I honestly think "slumps" and little breaks are vital in a fitness journey. Several weeks ago I actually gained back about six or seven pounds, and I needed it as a means of motivating myself again. I think regression can be a good thing because we realize that we don't want to go back to the way we were. You can do it!

      Delete
  5. These are great goals! You can do it!! I'm Hoping to accomplish the same things.

    ReplyDelete