Saturday, June 27, 2015

Week 4 Progress// 9 Months After Baby

    Sorry for not getting my progress update posted yesterday--we were busy busy! Week four has been awesome with an additional TWO pound loss! I've lost 11.5 pounds in four weeks of healthy eating and exercise! And a little help from ItWorks! I've been taking Greens almost every day and Thermofit once a day. I ran out of Thermofit several days ago and am waiting on my new shipment to get here. I love ItWorks, but their shipping takes sooo long! If you're interested in the products, please contact me and I'll put you in touch with a great distributor!
I enjoyed watching this photo go viral in the ItWorks! world Friday afternoon :)
     Slow and steady wins the race, y'all. I was talking about my losses with my husband last night, and he reminded me that though two pounds doesn't seem like much, if I keep it up I'll lose 40 pounds in about five months. Focusing on the bigger picture helps keep me motivated. Although I want to stray from being too concerned with numbers, I think a 40 pound loss is a pretty good goal.. That would put my weight at a healthy BMI for my height.

Workouts
    I'm still going strong in the gym and can definitely see and feel some changes this week. I pulled a muscle in my leg a few nights ago, so no lower body for a few days. Bummer.



Nutrition
My biggest struggle is getting easier and easier. We had friends over for a cookout Friday night, and though I ate more than I do most days, I still managed to stick to my goals and not overeat to the point of discomfort. I did enjoy a little rotel dip, but my sweet husband grilled a turkey burger for me instead of regular beef burger. He didn't even make a big deal about it either... I don't think anyone noticed :) I did have an 8 ounce bottled Coke at my friend's wedding reception yesterday; it was all the bliss I needed. Back to no soda for another few weeks!
Sweetened iced coffee with my own added cream.
 
    My Starbucks addiction craving has gotten so much better, despite serious withdrawals in the first couple weeks. I still drop in once or twice a week, but I get a tall or grande iced black coffee and add my own cream. A few days ago in Target I ordered an iced latte with one pump of cinnamon dolce... Well, I'm pretty sure they gave me a regular iced cinnamon dolce latte because within an hour I was so sick to my stomach, I had to rush home. If you go a month without a sugary beverage then indulge in one, do it in close proximity to a toilet or trash bin. Or both. #horrifying

Body After Baby


    If I were still talking about being post-partum, I'd be nine months post-partum today. Nine months our little guy has been living on the outside, and I've been working on myself so that I can be the best, healthiest mom and wife possible. Weight loss is not easy, guys. Not at all, especially when you've struggled with weight and food your entire life. We all have some sort of trial in our lives that will test us more than once, possibly forever... Mine is an addiction to food, a never-ending battle of trying to figure out when enough is enough. Slowly but surely, I'm learning. I pay close attention to how I feel as I eat. This tastes good, so eat slowly and enjoy it. Are you full? Wait a couple of minutes to see. Take your time, Kate. These are all things I tell myself in my head while eating. I'm so glad people can't read my mind while I'm eating. They'd probably think I'm as crazy as I sometimes feel.

    Can we talk about happiness? Motherhood has been wonderful to me, and I'm truly happier than I could have ever imagined. I'm not where I'd like to be yet, body or health-wise, but I'm well on my way. I have such a loving, supportive family and an amazing group of friends who are cheering me on every step of the way. I can't tell you how much you all mean to me!

    I hope you'll continue following along as I strive for a happy, healthy life. I love meeting new people, so don't be a stranger! Leave a comment and introduce yourself!

2 comments:

  1. You inspire me! I'm 6 months post-partum and I can't seem to kick this extra weight. Ever since I stopped pumping at 2ish months the weight loss stopped. Unfortunately, I struggle in both the kitchen and working out, but you definitely make me want to try harder to lose the weight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Rachel! That means a lot. I know, it can be so frustrating. No matter how hard I work, I will probably always have a little extra pudginess in my midsection, but I'm okay with that as long as I'm healthy!

      Delete