Sunday, January 25, 2015

"This place is just, like... it's, like... I just really like this place." {Weekend Recap}

I don't want to do a recap of the weekend after every weekend, but I enjoy doing them when we've had a new, fun adventure or just a really pleasant, relaxing weekend! This weekend, we had both!

Friday Night

When you begin eating healthy, it's surprising how quickly your body will start craving those good-for-you foods. Instead of our usual Friday night at the Mexican restaurant or Buffalo Wild Wings, I was craving a good salad from Newk's!


Eric likes the Black & Bleu salad with ranch dressing. I went with Newk's Favorite salad with the dressing on the side. I ended up using hardly half a cup of their sherry vinaigrette dressing. It's delicious, but you really don't need all that dressing! Salad dressing is such a hidden diet-killer!
 
Vaught had his Podee Hands-Free bottle to keep him occupied. He had just woken up from a nap and was hangry!


After Newk's we did a little grocery shopping at the "Super Kroger" in Southaven. They remodeled the store last year, and it's as big as a Sam's Club now. I had to pick up some Comforts for Baby diapers for my Bzz Campaign! I'm so excited to write a post for my campaign in the next few days!
 
 

Saturday


After a year and a half, I finally scheduled an eye appointment; I've been needing new contact lenses for a while! The eye doctor's office is right next door to one of my very favorite Starbucks locations on Poplar Avenue in Germantown. It seems as if it's almost built into the ground, like a Starbucks café in a basement. I wish I'd gotten more pictures!

 
We had planned to shop around at Whole Foods after my appointment, but as we were sitting at an intersection, I noticed The Fresh Market in a small shopping center to our left. I remembered my aunt, who loves all things cooking and kitchen-related, talking about the fresh produce and unique spices she finds here, so I suggested to Eric that we try it out. In addition to that, it looked a lot less crowded than Whole Foods was bound to be on a Saturday morning.
 
We were not disappointed!

They had a cute coffee bar set up, including different varieties
of raw sugar! Their coffee was amazing!

 
If you're wondering where the title of this blog post came from, it was something I mumbled aloud to myself while pushing our cart. Eric gets a kick out of the things I say when I'm talking to myself... I guess it is a little strange.
 
After Fresh Market, it was definitely time for more coffee! I actually regretted that we'd already gotten groceries the night before because there were so many other things I wanted to try from FM! I'm probably most excited about the bag of fresh-baked whole grain bagels! We'll definitely be going back next Saturday!
 
Earlier Saturday morning I put chicken breasts in the crockpot to cook. I had planned on us having shredded chicken tacos that night, but we were starving by the time we got home, so we ate our supper for lunch. Eric had bought a pork shoulder at Fresh Market, so he marinated that for Saturday night's dinner.
I've been skipping out on bread and eating sandwiches and wraps
on lettuce instead. Just as good and much healthier!
 I skipped leg day Friday, so I made up for it Saturday. My workout was actually about an hour long, but I forgot to sync up my monitor until I was about halfway in!
 

Sunday

I had a short Sunday morning arms, shoulders, and abs workout then enjoyed an iced venti quad skinny latte from Starbucks.
 
 
My niece, Cherish, was sent to the ER early in the morning and we later found out she had pneumonia, so we went to visit her in the hospital. I was a little nervous about taking Vaught into the hospital, but I decided that we just couldn't sit at home all day knowing our precious niece was sick. Since there were so many people visiting Cherish, we spent some time with my parents and sister in the waiting room. Vaught was happy as he could be! We got word tonight that Cherish was doing much better, though she'll probably be at the hospital another day or two. I hate seeing all these babies and children so sick!
 
To top the weekend off, I got to indulge in a cookies & cream milkshake from George's on our way home then Cheslin called, and Vaught and I got to Facetime with her all the way in Alaska! She was three hours behind us.

 
We stuck with a simple dinner tonight and made omelets. Mine was one whole egg, one egg white, mixed with spinach, feta cheese, onion, and diced ham. We love quick and easy dinners!
 
 
Hope you all had an amazing weekend! 



No comments:

Post a Comment