Friday, January 16, 2015

Fit Friday: Extended Weekend!

Good morning and happy four-day weekend to this mama!!! I am off work today and will be off again on Monday for MLK day. I love extended weekends!

Pounds gained in pregnancy: 29
Lost since delivery day: 45
To go: 34

Really!? Only thirty-four to go??

     This week has been awesome as far as progress goes. I haven eaten 95% clean each day, drank at least 150 ounces of water every day, and I've only been to Starbucks twice this week--that's some kind of record for me. My meals have been super easy and healthy; lots of fresh fruit and vegetables! Wanna know how to ensure that your meat is 100% clean? Obtain it yourself (by that, I mean kill it yourself)! All this week Eric and I have been eating on the two deer he killed last Saturday. I'm actually not a huge wild game eater, but he has grilled deer steaks to perfection this week! Did you know that deer meat is super lean and packed with protein? Just an added bonus :)

    


My workout today will be strictly HIIT cardio with ten minutes of abs at the end. I've begun doing abs at every workout; my midsection took the hardest hit during pregnancy, so I'm doing lots of planks and other core exercises to tone this area as much as I can.



These are just a few Polar Watch readings of the workouts I've done in the past week. I'm seeing and feeling a lot of progress, and I love it! Gains truly are addictive.     
 
A few of you totally made my day yesterday by doing #30onThursday!!! Seriously love y'all so much! I enjoyed doing tonight's workout and will post it next Thursday.
 
      I'm off work today for a wellness checkup and am getting my hair colored and styled afterwards. I'm saying goodbye to dark brown hair and going lighter. I've been thinking about doing this for a loooong time. Few people know that my natural hair color is a golden-strawberry blonde. It's a gorgeous color, I just didn't like it on me, so I began dying my hair auburn-reddish-brown when I was in high school. I've kept my hair dark since then and only went lighter once a couple of years ago. I really liked it, but my hair became so tangly that I decided to go back to a darker color just one month later. Well, I am armed with some good (they better be good for what I paid for them) hair products this time around! I have several ideas in mind, but I'll definitely be Instagramming the finished product to show you what me and my girl Jess come up with :)
    
Tonight I'm meeting a friend from my first school for dinner; I haven't seen her in years, and we're both so excited to catch up. We're meeting for Mexican food and margaritas in New Albany, so Eric and Vaught are going to hang out with my parents while my friend and I visit.

     Venturing over to Whole Foods on Saturdays has become something of a weekly tradition for us, so we may visit Germantown tomorrow. We always stop by Collins Touhy's cookie shop, Whimsy Cookie Co, for a treat, and I'll definitely say that I've earned it this week! It feels so good to see my body changing positively. Along with that, my mindset is changing too. I find myself craving junk food less and less, and saying no to those afternoon Sonic Cokes is so much easier now. Last night the hubs and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings for Boneless Thursday. Before, my order would have been eight boneless parmesan garlic wings with a Coke. I'd dunk the wings in ranch dressing and split a basket of cheese wedges with Eric. Last night, I ordered five mild boneless wings and stayed away from both the ranch and cheesy potato wedges. Sure, one wouldn't have hurt, but I know myself, and I know that one would have turned into two, three, four... Anyway, I was proud of myself. I did treat myself to a Bahama Mama though. What can I say--it was happy hour!

 
I leave you with this: Starbucks has a new drink, and it's fabulous. Order it skinny or with 2% milk and add a packet of raw sugar. Amazing!
Tall Flat White: perfect mixture of the latte and cappuccino!

I hope your weekend is as fabulous as you are :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Desiree! Keep up your good work! Love reading about it :)

      Delete
  2. Awesome job, Kate! Keep it up. Have a lovely dinner with your friend, and a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I hope today is a much better day for you and your sweet little girl! Hang in there!

      Delete