Thursday, January 22, 2015

#30onThursday

You know the drill:
Three rounds.
Ten minutes each.
 Do as many cycles as you can for each round.
Don't forget to warm up first and stretch at the end! 
You'll need: a mat (optional) and a set of dumbbells.
 
 

Round One: Legs, Butt, Core
10 burpees
10 side lunges on each leg (20 total) with a lateral raise in the lunge
40 second plank 

Round Two: Legs, Shoulders, Arms, Core
20 forward walking lunges (10 on each leg). To me these are so much more difficult than static lunges. These are also great for working on balance; engage that core!
15 dumbbell military press 
15 biceps curls 
30 second plank

Round Three: Arms (biceps & triceps), Core
15 hammer curls
10 diamond push-ups 
25 second plank

Get ready for some abs next week! Here are two pictures after last night's (next week's) #30onThursday. One of my favorite Instagram fitness girls got blasted for this a few weeks ago, so let me just clear it up... Ladies, if your mama raised you right, she taught you to hold your tummy in at all times, right? My Instagram fitness crush was called out for "not breathing" in her progress pictures; basically, someone told her she was sucking in so hard she couldn't breathe, thus cheating her pictures. I promise I'm breathing... I just hold my belly in, always. On the photo on the right, I am "not holding it in," just to illustrate the difference.
 
If you're a female, don't tell me your mother hasn't at one time or another told you to "suck that belly in!" :) Tag me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook if you try this workout, and don't forget to use #30onThursday! Guys, I don't live at the gym... These workouts really are helping me shape up and gain strength without spending hours at the gym, and I do them right in my living room. You can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment