Friday, January 9, 2015

Fit Friday

Pounds gained in pregnancy: 29
Pounds lost since delivery day: 41
To go: 38
 
     I've been trying to think of a catchy weekly post idea for a while, and I've finally decided on one for sure: "Fit Friday!" If you're not entirely familiar with Blogworld, most regular bloggers have a weekly post that readers look forward to. For example: "What I Ate Wednesay" (gave that a try--it was awkward and too much trouble taking pictures of all my meals), "Five Things Friday," "Sunday Funday," etc.. I'm going to stick with Fit Friday. Not only is Friday my favorite day of the week, it's also my favorite day to work out. Maybe it's because the gym is less crowded. Or because I have tons of energy in my excitement for the weekend. Or because a good workout on Friday makes me feel a little less guilty if I indulge on Saturday! Regardless, Friday is my favorite gym day. This afternoon's workout consisted of  dead lifts, weighted lunges, pulsating lunges, weighted sumo squats, pulsating sumo squats, leg curls, leg extensions, and LOTS of heavy squats! I can definitely see and feel the definition in the backs of my legs; now I just wait to see it in my quads. My thighs have always been a problem area, though my husband claims he loves them.

     I cheated a little by posting my final Fourth Trimester Project update a few days before Christmas because I ate like a madwoman during the holidays! I gained back 4.5 pounds but have since lost all but one pound. I'll weigh again Monday morning, and hopefully I'll be back down! I will say that I weighed on Christmas morning, just like I did last year. Although I had gained a little back, it was still a much lower number than what it was the previous year. I'm so thankful that I've stayed so determined. It's not always easy--actually, it's ever easy-- but then I look at my sweet little family, and it's all so worth it!

Thirty on Thursday

     I had one other idea for a weekly post called "Thirty on Thursday," and I decided last night that I'm definitely going to do it! Thirty on Thursday is a 30-minute workout that I've begun doing at home every Thursday evening. I love it because I can work up a good sweat in just half an hour, and I do it right in my living room! Eric lifts weights on Thursday, so it's a great opportunity for me to burn some calories, and I don't even have to leave my house. I combine cardio and several sets of exercises, and the only things I need are a set of dumbbells and a mat. I'll begin posting these next Thursday for you to try. If you do them, please snap a picture or tweet using #30onThursday so I can see! These will be awesome for busy mamas or anyone without a gym membership who just needs some good exercise regimens to complete at home. I'm no fitness expert, but so many people have asked me how I lost the baby weight so quickly, and I have to say that I owe it all to working out before and during pregnancy and exercising as much as I comfortably could during postpartum recovery. It's all about just getting up and doing it, and I can guarantee you that once you start seeing results, there is no going back. I'm honestly not even in the ballpark of where I'd like to be body-wise (I'm more like right outside the fence!), but I'm getting there. It's a process and a slow one at that! But I appreciate your support along the way. You seriously have no idea how much you all mean to me!

Friday Night

     I totally meant for this blog to post earlier this afternoon, but since it's nearly nine o'clock and I'm just now posting, I'll include our lovely supper I made for Mr. Pace and myself. I was craving an omelet, but it turned into something I decided to call "Turkey-Bacon-Vegetable-Egg-Scramble" because I forgot to use cooking spray in the pan like the spaz that I am, so a lot of it stuck! I had a Spelt organic English muffin and an avocado with mine. I get these English muffins at Whole Foods; only 70 calories in one! The omelet is just two eggs, one egg white scrambled with red and green bell pepper, onion, salsa, and two slices of turkey bacon... and a sprinkle of cheese on top.


     After dinner I did some snack-prepping for the weekend! I've been making these cute little peanut butter crackers using Ritz crackers and adding a semisweet chocolate chip in the center. I'm not a big sweets person, but I always crave something sweet after lunch. These hit the spot!


Happy Friday!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment