Thursday, January 15, 2015

Thirty on Thursday

I'm so excited to share the first Thirty on Thursday with you! If you try it, let me know by using #30onThursday on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Tonight's workout is actually last Thursday's, and I will post the one I did tonight next Thursday. These are great if you're a busy mom, without a gym membership, prefer to work out at home, or just need a short workout now and then. I absolutely love going to the gym, but I also enjoy working out at home sometimes too!
 
 

We had a small photoshoot while doing this one last Thursday, and Lola wanted in on the fun!
 If you don't know how to do any of the moves just look them up. All you need is a set of dumbbells (I use a set of tens and switch to eights for the lateral and side raises) and a mat if you'd like! I actually did this workout barefooted last week, which probably wasn't smart of me. I also started with my sweatshirt on but I had to take it off before round one was over! I hope this works up a sweat for you like it did for me! Don't forget to have fun!

Start with a short warmup; I prefer jogging in place for 30 seconds then doing jumping jacks for 30 seconds. I do this in rotation for two minutes. I never recommend static stretching to begin a workout. Wait until you muscles are nice and warm (the end of your workout) to stretch.

Round One: Legs, Butt, Shoulders
5 weighted lunges, left leg
5 weighted lunges, right leg
15 pulsating lunges on each leg (pulse as low as you can go to really work your legs)
10 squats with a shoulder press
*Do this cycle as many times as you can for 10 minutes*

Round Two: Chests, Shoulders, Abs
30 second plank
10 push-ups
25 reverse crunches
5 burpees
*Do cycle as many times as you can for 10 minutes*

Round Three: Back, Shoulders
15 dumbbell rows
15 dumbbell military presses
10 front raises (You may need to switch to lighter weights for these).
10 lateral raises
*Do cycle as many times as you can for 10 minutes*

Now you're ready to stretch!! In addition to stretching, I like to lie on my back and breathe deeply for a minute or two. So relaxing!

Baby boy just babbled away in his swing while I worked out.

Short rest breaks also served as "give Lola some attention" breaks!
If you did the workout all the way through without stopping, you just burnt anywhere from 250-300 calories! Check back tomorrow for a Fit Friday post and come back next week for another Thirty on Thursday! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment