Monday, April 27, 2015

Weekend Recap | The Silver Caboose and Family Time (A Lengthy Post)!


I don't think I could ever make a habit of recapping every single weekend (I mean, look at how Thirty on Thursday fell through... I promise to pick it back up this summer), but this was one for the books!

I'm usually exhausted by Friday evening and am in bed by 8, but as I get more comfortable with my new routine, I'm managing my time a little better and am not so worn out by five o'clock! Eric and I stayed up a little late and ordered pizza and watched TV. I went for a short cardio workout after dinner then came home to find Eric warming up a slice of pie to share. Random, I know, but it was a pleasant night! 

Saturday Vaught woke up right at 6. I made a bottle and put him in our bed while Eric made breakfast. I got a few sweet, timeless photos with our happy, sleepy little guy.



Vaught was back down for a nap before nine and slept until eleven. When he woke up, the three of us got dressed and rode to Collierville. Thanks to my friend Mallory, I'm now part of a book exchange  for children, so I picked out a book to send to a little girl named Mia in Columbis, OH (if you follow me on Instagram or Facebook, you'll know more about the book exchange in a few hours because I'll be looking for a few mamas to keep it going)! We also had to pick out a gift for my friend Jenna at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Her bridal shower was yesterday; she's getting married June 27th! 

By the time we left the mall, it was well past lunchtime and we were starved! We chose to eat at The Silver Caboose on the Collierville Square. We'd heard great things about this place but still hadn't been. 

Clearly, we've been missing out! Eric had their lunch special, meatloaf and vegetables. They told him he was in luck because there were only three servings of meatloaf left. "Oh, good, then give me all three of them," he told our waitress. I don't think she believed him at first! If you're new here, my husband is a 6'3", 310 pound semi-pro power lifter; basically, I buy groceries for four people every week because he eats enough for three!

Trains ran all the way around the length of the restaurant!
Vaught was amazed by the choo-choos!
I had their hamburger with a side of fries. WHOOOOOA, WAIT! you say. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE EATING FRENCH FRIES!!

A few weeks ago after my Wednesday night class, I was starving. I had just started my job at OHS and wasn't packing enough to eat throughout the day. I didn't have time to get anything before class, so I had to wait until after, and for some reason I had a hankering for Chik-Fil-A. I went through the drive-thru and got a grilled chicken sandwich with a fruit cup as my side instead of waffle fries.
I'm about a mile away when I reach into my bag for my sandwich, only to pull out a handful of waffle fries... They'd given me fries instead of fruit. I was so hungry, I said screw it and ate the fries. I guess I could have turned around and went into the restaurant and asked for my cup of fruit, but I was exhausted and hangry. I ate the damn fries.



I'd heard the ones at The Silver Caboose were delicious, and they were! I'm actually glad I got them on the side.

We saved room for dessert because their dessert menu looked amazing! Eric had pecan pie a la mode, and I had chocolate chestnut pie a la mode. They were both delicious!





Before we left, we had to get a photo of Vaught on the caboose... He was not interested. There was a real train going by about two hundred yards away, and he was too busy checking it out!


It felt like SUMMER outside!! Loved it!

Before we went home, we picked up steaks to grill that night. We got home around four, and Vaught refused to nap, so I loaded him up and went to TJ Maxx to return a couple of things. I got a gift card for my returns and bought an outfit and Mickey Mouse sippy cup for him, a new tumbler for myself, and a bag of quinoa for just $5! I love quinoa, but it's so expensive most places. TJ Maxx has great finds in healthy snack foods!



We walked strolled to Target afterwards on the hunt for another sippy cup with a straw. Vaught I couldn't pick between two, so we just got both of them. We ended up buying three sippy cups Saturday night. Whatever.



After dinner, Vaught went to sleep, and I lied down for a little while to let my food settle. Around 9:15, I left for the gym and did a great leg and shoulder workout! I used the Smith machine for my squats; I knew I wanted to go heavy, but I was not about to use a free bar and plates without a spot! I was able to squat 135 for 3 on my own on the Smith machine and was pretty proud of myself. My PR a couple weeks ago was 155--pretty sure it was 165 while I was pregnant!

Mohawks are part of our nighttime routine :)



When I got home, Eric was watching the Grizzles game. We stayed up until past midnight watching the Grizz win!

Vaught got up early again Sunday morning. Eric made us breakfast and we went to my parents' home in Potts Camp for church.



After church, Eric grilled chicken for everyone. While he was grilling, we all sat around on my parents' deck, one of my favorite spots as a child. I realized how blessed I am to have my entire family here with me. My sisters were passing Vaught back and forth, while my nieces played. My grandmother (my mom's mother) was there too, and we all had a chance to just sit and visit. I got a few pictures because I know these are memories I'll look back on and cherish!




I left at 1:45 for a bridal shower for my childhood friend Jenna. We lost touch after high school but reconnected a few months and picked up right where we left off! I enjoyed visiting with her and celebrating her upcoming wedding!
I got her 4 of the 8 dish towels she registered for. And measuring cups and spoons!

We were back in Olive Branch around 5:30. Eric went to the gym, while Vaught and I drove to Kroger for groceries. Before Eric left, he asked me what I wanted to have for dinner. I mentioned chicken, but we both are getting a bit burnt out on chicken! I suggested stuffed bell peppers, and Eric said it was like I read his mind! Stuffed bell peppers is one of his favorites!

I decided to spruce mine up a little and added quinoa with the hamburger meat. I topped them with shredded cheese, mozzarella, tomatoes, and buffalo sauce.



Afterwards, I did dishes, laundry, showered, and laid out my outfits for the next two days for work. All in all, I'd say it was a pretty successful Sunday!

Sorry for such long post, but this weekend was one for the books! It was so pleasant, relaxing, and fun, so of course I wanted to share it with you! I hope you had a great one as well!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend! It's been nice and warm here too.

    Boba + Pearls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that! I'm loving this warm but not blazing hot weather.

      Delete
  2. Look at that handsome little man!!!!
    Nothing like little baby rolls!! I would just kiss and pinch him all day.
    There's no going back at that point... When I'm tired and hangry the fries would definitely be eaten!!!
    Also that pie!!!
    Wow. That makes me want to lick my iPhone screen!! Hahahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thanks so much, Holly! His little rolls make me wish mine were that cute!!! If you're ever in the Memphis area, you must visit The Silver Caboose in Collierville for some of their pie!

      Delete
  3. All, the food in this post made me so hungry. Looks like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete