Friday, April 17, 2015

Juggling life counts as exercise, right?

I've been a teacher again for not quite two weeks... Life has been busy.

     This past week was a doozy, especially with Vaught being four hours away in Meridian, MS, with Eric's mom and stepdad. You'd think that things would be a little easier with him on "vacation" with his grandparents; it's been anything but! Not having Vaught threw us off our routines, and we didn't know what to do with ourselves.  It turns out I have a lot more energy with Vaught here than with him away- the direct opposite of how I thought it would be. I was so happy to have him yesterday!

     I knew when I got this job that my fitness regimen might be temporarily disrupted, so I decided at the beginning that I would be flexible, careful to not stretch myself too thin. I wasn't at all surprised when this turned out to be true; I have hardly had time to exercise in the past two weeks! Well, I am the queen of "NO EXCUSES," and I used to squeeze in those 10 or 11PM workouts, but now that I'm driving so far every day, I don't feel that it's safe or beneficial for me to do that. I guess realistically, I could have gone to the gym a few nights, but it wouldn't have been very smart!

     I went to Orange Theory Fitness Germantown Saturday morning and loved it, so I'm going back again tomorrow at 8:15... Maybe. Vaught's been a little sick, so I may reschedule my class. Aside from that, I have been to the gym twice in the past several days--not impressive. However,  my clothes are fitting looser and looser. I'm back in my "work pants," and they are soooo loose! The last time I wore them they were nice and snug around my legs, but now I can put them on without unzipping them. I have two pair of black leggings/jeggings that I prefer to wear instead of actual pants. Because leggings are always a yes!

     I'm not entirely sure where my weight is at because I've not weighed since my six month postpartum update. I feel like I'm probably about the same, maybe one or two pounds down. I have slacked a little in the healthy eating department! I was just talking with my coworker and good friend Sarah about how carbs make the best and quickest lunches: sandwiches, chips, crackers, cookies, all of these are so good and so easy to pack but loaded with carbs! The struggle is real.

A local business brought us treats a few days ago; it would have been rude to turn them down :)
     My biggest goal for the next six weeks is to tone, tone, and tone some more for summertime clothes! And speaking of summertime,  I've been browsing bathing suits (what girl hasn't?!) and I have to say that I am loving the trend of the high-waisted swim bottom! It was made popular last summer by Taylor Swift (she has a thing about never showing her belly button supposedly), but high-waisted bottoms are all over the place this year, and I love it! They look good on every body, curvy and skinny girls alike. This will probably be the option I go with this summer. It's very 50s/60s-esque too, which I love! I'm working on a blog post to show a few of my favorites!


I put my gym clothes on before dinner last night with plans to go work out shortly after we ate. It didn't happen. I ate cookies and held Vaught instead. 

So, I guess calling this a "fitness update" is a bit off the mark. Once Vaught is completely better (he's been running a fever), I'll be back in my usual routine. My days are much longer now, but fitness is still a priority. Juggling the demands of life counts as exercise, right?

Wishing you a happy weekend!

-Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment