Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Vaught:: Six Months

What can I say about the past six months that I've not already said? I keep thinking there's no possible way we could love this boy any more... And it seems that we are proven wrong with each passing day! I had all these big ideas about motherhood, but they have surpassed even my greatest expectations. God has blessed us with the sweetest, happiest little boy!
 



Weight: 18 lbs, 1 oz. He has gained exactly TEN pounds since birth!
Length: ??  Not sure until we visit the doctor Monday.

    Vaught is such a good eater, which I love! I make most of his baby food myself and am working on a post about that, hopefully to be shared by Monday! Vaught has two really big developments for month six: one is that he is now a sitter-upper! The other is that he can let us know when he's ready to go lay down. This has been a long time coming, especially with sleep training, so it's not entirely new. But it's still a good one to mention! Vaught squirms, rubs his eyes, and throws his little head into my chest when he's ready to be put in bed for naptimes and nighttime. He goes right to sleep; no fussing, no crying. He sleeps all night in his crib in his bedroom and has since he was a few weeks old. We may not do everything right, but we nailed sleep training on the head! Vaught can sound out a few syllables now, including "wuh" and "muh." He's getting ready for those first words! I'm totally okay with his "happy screaming" for now. Anyone else's baby "happy scream?"

    He wears a size three diaper, but we recently began a campaign for a size four. Size four is a little big, but we were still honored to be invited to give these diapers a try. I'm excited to share more about that soon!

    Vaught's clothes range from six to twelve months. Most of his sleepers are now nine month. I'm learning how to dress a baby... I love dressing him like a little boy; I don't put him in "froo-froo" clothes. That's what his Bebe and Mimi are for.

     Vaught drinks 30-40 ounces of formula each day and eats solids like a champ! He loves avocado, bananas, sweet potatoes, blueberries, rice cereal, and green beans! I make his food myself and love doing it--I love knowing exactly what our little guy is getting. Plus, it's cheaper and easier! I haven't been a "crazy mom" over lots of things, but I do love making sure that Chubs is getting all the nutrition he needs. Look for a post about this in the next week :)

Pictures:









I could cry sometimes when I look at him, how beautiful and perfect he is. We just love him so! The past six months have been wonderful to us, and we are looking forward to many, many more!

Up Next:
Six Months Post-Partum Update will post FRIDAY!!! Come back for some progress selfies of your favorite fit mama! I am your favorite, right? :)

Vaught's Mimi and Pawpaw from Virginia are flying in on April 10th; we're SO excited to see them again! They spent a week with us when Vaught was two weeks old and haven't seen them since. Vaught is ready for lots of loving!


4 comments: