Friday, March 20, 2015

I'm still here...

Would you believe me if I told you that I have been a major pain in the butt for the past 48 hours?

     Well, believe it because I have. No, it's not that time--that time, by the way, is incredibly unpredictable after having a baby, so watch out for that. I'm just in a bit of a funk, and I've not had a great past two days. On Wednesday, I narrowly avoided becoming a victim of the most textbook Craigslist scam there ever was. It's so humiliating that I'm still debating whether or not I should tell you all about it... But it's so funny that I really want to! Then yesterday I took my car to the service station near my work to get a little air in my front left tire, which I'd noticed looked a little low. I'm then told that I'm just a few miles away from a blowout, and I've got to have a new tire. "When it rains, it pours," I whispered. "Huh?' the old man at the service station asked me. I smiled at him. "Nothing."

     I wasn't surprised when the mechanic called me at my work an hour after I'd left his garage to tell me that no tire store in town had the right tire for my car. The soonest he could get one would be seven o'clock this morning, so my husband came to pick me and Vaught up from work. At some point I snapped at Eric on our way home... I can't even remember what ticked me off, but I'm certain it was silly. "Baby, you've really got an attitude these past few days," Eric said, quite calmly for what a jerk I was being. "I know, and I'm really sorry," I told him. And I really was.

     I had been working on a post for today but decided that my heart just wasn't in it yet. Like I've said before, I don't publish anything written without passion. Instead, I'm just posting today to let you know that no, I've not died. I'm still here and am cooking up some great stuff! Seriously, I have been so blessed with some awesome opportunities for my blog lately, and they're all sitting in my drafts folder just waiting to be finished! I think I just need a teensy break to recollect.
 
     I'm sorry if you've come here looking for Thirty on Thursday the past two weeks; I have worked out at home, writing down my workouts to post, but have failed to post them. Seriously, Kate? There's just no excuse. I got home from class Wednesday and put on my gym clothes to go work out. Before leaving I sat down to do something, and before I knew it, I was peeling off my socks and sports bra and crawling into bed. My husband came into our bedroom to ask me why I wasn't at the gym. "I just need to make an excuse just this one time," I told him. "I just need some time to myself." He shrugged his shoulders and went back to the living room, never one to hover or ask a lot of questions. I love that about him.

     Let me assure you, though, that the week wasn't all bad; I finished reading Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn Sunday, so Monday night Eric and I watched the movie and ohhhhh my gosh, I am obsessed! I am now a die-hard Gillian Flynn fan and highly recommend Gone Girl! I went for my first outdoor run of the spring Tuesday! And I didn't die. I did throw up, but I didn't die! I'm excited to start running again in this nice weather!

     And as always, there's our sweet, precious Vaught. Out of nowhere this week he began sitting up. Apparently he's been doing it at daycare for a few days and I had no idea! He is the biggest, brightest part of our lives, and I just adore him so! I can't wait to spend the weekend with him and his dad. I think it's just what I need!

I promise to be back and to be a little more interesting in the coming days. But it's Friday, and I'm signing off temporarily. I see a margarita in my near future. Love you all, wishing you the happiest weekend :)

10 comments:

  1. We all have these days (or weeks) but realizing that's it's us and not those around us can be the biggest help in getting out of it. I have often had to take back words and beg forgiveness for speaking from my own feelings when the other person did absolutely nothing. I'm glad for what you have in the works and can't wait to see it...we'll be here when you're ready to be here :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Your encouraging words are just what I needed to hear. I've been so blessed to have made such sweet, supportive friends in the blogging community. We gotta stick together!

      Delete
  2. Yes, like MrsTee above said… We can all relate, and don't worry, the internet is gong No where. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, so true! I've just become a bit obsessed with staying consistent with my blog. I feel like I'm breaking a rule by taking a small break, but I know little blog breaks are important :)

      Delete
  3. Definitely been there. I hope you do have a good margarita and a nice relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Melissa! One of my sorority sisters from college just texted me to let me know that she and her boyfriend are coming to visit tonight; there will definitely be margaritas involved!

      Delete
  4. I'm feeing this too!! If I could get the word from my brain onto the blog without all the effort of typing and doubling checking I would blog ten times a day. But lately the posts have been piling up half finished.
    We all need a little break here and there to refresh! So enjoy and take as much as you need :)
    Also read gone girl before seeing the movie and soooooo happy I did. Loved both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes the effort is what I dread, so I feel you on that one! I LOVE blogging, but a little break did me well! The movie wasn't as good as the book (no surprise there), but it was still a great movie! I am a HUGE Ben Affleck fan!

      Delete
  5. I've been here when I lack inspiration and writer's block. But I love doing it so I keep coming back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally just a writer/blogger thing! We all go through it, and we all come out better. Now that I'm out of my crappy mood, I am bursting with ideas :)

      Delete