Monday, March 9, 2015

The weirdest 29 hours of my life...

The past twenty-nine hours have been the weirdest day and a few hours. Ever. Here's why:

Vaught fell asleep at one o'clock yesterday at my parents' house. Awesome! I thought. He's going to nap for a little while, so I'm going enjoy Sunday dinner with my family! Well, I did get to enjoy Sunday dinner... and Sunday dessert. And Sunday coffee. And Sunday dessert... again? Vaught slept nearly four hours on the couch in my mom and dad's den while we bustled around and carried on conversation in the kitchen. Long naps are not unheard of with him, but they are when we're not in our house. He must have been reeeally pooped from the time change!
 
Napping like an angel at Bebe and Pawpaw's!

Is my mom the cutest or what? We had such a great afternoon yesterday!
I put Vaught to bed around nine Sunday night. At 10:30, he woke up screaming. I was worried and confused. It's like he was four days old again. After checking his temperature (normal at 97.9), feeding him, and rocking him, I put him back down in his crib. He cried for twenty minutes, the maximum amount I'm willing to let him go. I went to him again and repeated the entire process. The weird thing was that he was totally fine the moment I picked him up and held him. I was ready to just give up and stake out in the recliner all night. By this time, it's nearly midnight. He fell asleep in my arms, and I took him to our bedroom and laid him beside Eric. He slept with us for three hours (I broke my rule but only because my little cousin had retreated to his bedroom to sleep on our spare bed) then woke up at three. After a diaper change and a bottle, Vaught was back down (this time in his pack-n-play in the living room) before 3:30 and slept until shortly after nine this morning.
 

All good, as long as I was holding him!


Happy as he could be this morning while watching Paw Patrol
He'll be six months old at the end of this month, and last night was by far the worst we've ever had. I'm not sure if it was the time change, but I think it's pretty good to say we had our first "rough night" at nearly six months old!
 
Averi is great at multi-tasking; she can entertain Vaught and Lola at the same time!
My little cousin stayed with us last night, so she babysat this morning while I worked out at the gym a mile away. It was great having her here so I could get my workout in at the beginning of the day. It was just shortly after taking the photo below that I realized I had a hole about the size of a penny in the crotch of my compression pants... I did not have actual underwear on. Yep, that happened.
 

On the bright side, I had a really good sweat going on in just half an hour; I was dripping!
 
After a shower and some clean clothes (and underwear), I took Averi to the mall, where I did not spend a single dime aside from lunch and coffee; the weirdness continues.
 
Vaught was so good at the mall, just jabbering away while we browsed. When we got home, he went right to sleep (that was around 3:30). It is now 6:32, and he is still sleeping.

Time change or coincidence?? I may never know. I saw that a couple of my friends with babies have had rough nights in the past few days, so maybe it's some weird gravitational pull, or perhaps the results of the stars lining up a certain way?? Ha! I don't pay very much attention to all that, but there was definitely something strange going on. I'm hoping and praying for a much smoother night tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment