Friday, March 27, 2015

Six Months Postpartum

I'm six months and a few days postpartum, and after this update, I am done calling myself postpartum! It's been an amazing six months; I've learned so much about myself and am in love with how my body has changed and progressed!

 
Pounds gained in pregnancy: 29
Pounds lost since delivery: 49
To go: 15... kinda. Another fifteen pounds lost will bring me to a weight I think I'd be comfortable at for a little while. It's not the stopping point, but it's where I would ideally like to be by summer time!
 
I LOVE this progress! This is what you can do when you put your heart in it!
 

What do I really look like?

    Obviously I use good angles to my advantage when taking my progress selfies. Who doesn't? I re-downloaded the Timer Cam app today (I hadn't had it since I was using it to take bumpdate photos) and was playing around with it... I wanted to show y'all a photo of me in "normal clothes" because as hard as it is to believe, I'm not always in my Fabletics or Nike attire! So I took the photo below...
    As you can see, I am by no means thin. I'm thinner, but far from skinny! The jeans I have on in this photo are a size 14 with wiggle room in the waist--two sizes smaller than the largest I have been. My legs and booty are and will always be thick! I like having strong, sturdy legs though! I like being able to squat lots of weight!

FitFluential Ambassador


     If you follow me on Instagram, you saw I got some awesome news Wednesday... I was approved to be a FitFluential Ambassador!! FitFluential Interactive is a company promoting fitness and well-living amongst individuals who share a passion for health and fitness. A fellow fit mama friend told me about it and recommended I apply to the ambassador program. I was skeptical while reading the requirements and reading about the other ambassadors; they all seemed to have an enormous social audience and following (many of them up to twenty thousand followers). I thought there was no way I'd get in, but what the heck--I'd give it a try! I submitted all my information, told them a little about myself, my journey, and my goals, and then patiently anxiously waited for nearly a month. I was driving to class in Oxford when I heard the ping! of my email and read the message. I am so honored and excited to be a part of FitFluential! I can't wait to learn more and be an active part of their ambassador program! Ambassadorships are amazing when trying to promote yourself as a blogger/fit mom. Check out the other company I'm affiliated with, For Two Fitness!

Up Next

I may possibly have some more good news by the end of today... Not sure yet, as things are very much still up in the air. Okay, sorry, I just can't say much!! I'm nervous but excited!

And I'm so humbled by all the opportunities I've had by sharing my journey with others. It is incredibly encouraging to see so many of you supporting me and cheering me on. Each of you means so much!!

Have a great weekend! Go work out!
 

19 comments:

  1. You are looking amazing. Good on you and keep up the journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job! I gained one hundred during my pregnancy, only lost 30 or so now. I was always slim before so my goal is to get back to where I was, hopefully one day! Cheers, to you! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I will admit that it was extremely hard gaining just 29 pounds... There were so many times I wanted to just give up eating so clean during pregnancy! It's paid off though. You'll get there girl.

      Delete
  3. You look awesome!!!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your weight loss! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You Fabulous and I know that was hard work but beauty does not come easy. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Melody! Sometimes I get so jealous of my husband; all he has to do is keep his beard trimmed! We have to keep EVERYTHING trimmed and in check! Haha! Thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Great job on the weight loss! You look great and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I FEEL great and healthy! That's a good feeling!

      Delete
  7. You are look great! Keep up the work!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good going, you look great. Looking healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing!! Congrats, all that hard work is definitely paying off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      Delete
  10. You look great! It feels great losing the baby weight, and even better losing more than baby weight!

    ReplyDelete