Monday, September 7, 2015

Our First Game Day of 2015 (As Told by Snapchat)

Early games are our least favorite, but we're Rebels; it's never too early for Ole Miss Football!


As you know (or have figured out), we are ridiculous Ole Miss Football fans. Like, it's crazy. We were married on campus, had our first child in Oxford, and named him VAUGHT, after the legendary John Howard Vaught, who coached the Rebels for thirty years. Eric and I don't agree on everything, but we say that we agree on the most important thing: Ole Miss Football. Yes, we're extreme.

The Rebels started their season at 11 o'clock Saturday morning. We got up at 5AM and got ready. Yes, 5AM.

I made a skinny screwdriver using Taaka vodka and light orange juice. It was 6:15.

 
 

We dropped Vaught off with my parents at seven then drove on to Oxford.




We were in the Grove before 9 and drank mimosas in my friend Tyler's tent until it was time to go to the game.



L-R: Me, Tyler, Lindsey, Katy (all Phi Mu sisters!)

This is our fourth year being season ticket holders. It's a small but meaningful luxury we allow ourselves each year, saying that no matter what happens, we will always have our Ole Miss Football tickets! Per new box seats put in Vaught Hemingway Stadium, our seats were moved this year. We are further up, in the right hand corner of the south end zone. We're not entirely impressed with our new location, but it's only a year; we can change them next June.

61,000 of my closest friends
It was HOT, in case you can't tell! My arms are still burnt!

I snapchatted score updates throughout the game, but I forgot to save them before they automatically deleted after 24 hours. The Rebels dominated the Skyhawks and won the game 76-3!

 
After the game, we went back to the Grove for a snack before heading home. I posted the picture above to Instagram as my "victory photo." I got a little happy with my morning screwdrivers and fell twice: once while walking in front of the liquor store we park behind (irony at its best) and once in the Grove. I swear, no one even noticed. That's what I love about "Ole Miss people." You just get up and keep on going. If anything, someone will shout, "You okay? Hotty Toddy!" Also, the dress I wore, a size LARGE from the Lauren Conrad collection at Kohl's, had a partially open back with snaps. I had two wardrobe malfunctions: one involving the snaps and one where I accidentally flashed my bra (the front of the dress was lower than it looks).

Speaking of my dress, YES, it is a size LARGE. Not extra large, which is what I've worn in the past. I've always loved LC's Kohl's collection, but in the past couple of years I've noticed that I could not hardly wear anything from it. I tricked myself into thinking her sizes had gotten smaller, when really, I had just gotten bigger. I had just two days to find a white dress for Saturday's game, so I got this dress in size large and extra large. I had tried on the extra large in the fitting room and was surprised at how big it was on me. It was wearable, but loose in the chest and back. So, without even trying on a large, I grabbed one of those too and took them both home.


Standing in front of my mirror in the size large, I was so proud; it fit like a charm! Much better than the XL! I felt pretty and confident, even after my falls :)

Vaught had a great time at my mom and dad's. We picked him up around four and were home by five. Vaught slept from five until seven Sunday morning. We are so blessed to have such a good little sleeper!

This Saturday's game is another home game against Fresno State. They're a pretty decent team from California that we've played several times in the past. I've never seen them play in person, so I'm excited for this game! We're looking forward to another great season, Hugh Freeze's fourth as head coach. Hotty Toddy, Rebels!



And Happy Labor Day!

Did you watch any college football this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment