Friday, September 18, 2015

25 on My 25th!

Happy 25th birthday to me! I have definitely chilled out about "my day" and am not as big a brat now as I used to be on my birthday (ask my friends, ask my mama, ask my husband), but I'd still like to think of today as my special day; nothing and no one can take that away from me! Here's a list of 25 things about me you may not have known prior to today. It took me two weeks to put this together, I might add :)

New profile picture for the blog. Happy Birthday to me :)

1. I have four tattoos. Lower back, back left hip, back of neck, and inner left arm. I plan on getting more eventually. I like that all of mine, aside from the one on my inner arm, are inconspicuous. Even the one on my arm is small and people tend to not notice it.

2. In 6th, 7th, and 8th grade I won the spelling bee at my school. In 8th grade, I decided not to compete at the county spelling bee because I had cheerleading practice.

3. I took dance/gymnastics lessons for ten years and cheered competitively for two.

4. I love the smell of books.

5. I can play the piano from memory and still recognize notes. I hope to take it up again some day and learn even more.

6. From five years old until fourteen, my mom had me in voice lessons. I can sing well but am pretty shy about it.

7. I've always been an Ole Miss fan, born and raised in an Ole Miss family, but I used to want to attend Mississippi State for their psychology program. I had a small scholarship there but never even went to tour the school.

8. I once stepped in a bee's nest and got swarmed. It was awful.

9. Despite number 8, I am not really scared of bees; I am deathly terrified of wasps and claim to be allergic to them to justify my irrational fear.

10. I'm allergic to latex and tea tree oil.

11. My biggest pet peeve is when someone hovers over me, looking over my shoulder.

12. I love writing and am currently writing a novel. I have started many great stories and am in the middle of one that I absolutely love right now.

13. I've realized just this year that my ultimate career goal is to work full time as a writer. As much as I love teaching, I don't want to do it forever.

14. Playing a victim in a horror movie is on my bucket list. I have no desire to be the heroine; kill me off in an awesome death scene.

15. I could wear leggings every single day of the year.

16. I finished my undergraduate degree in three years as opposed to four or five.

17. Despite having done the sorority thing at Ole Miss, I've only been to two frat parties, and they were disgusting.

18. Despite having gone to Ole Miss, I didn't party nearly as much as one might think. I went out maybe once or twice a month. Most of my time was spent studying. I enjoyed seeing late movies by myself or sitting at High Point Coffee working on things for school.

19. I am very much a loner at times. I enjoy being by myself and doing things on my own.

20. I absolutely love college football. Hotty Toddy!

21. Fall is my favorite season: football, sweaters, boots, hot coffee, chilly weather, falling leaves, etc, etc. Does it get any better?

22. My sophomore year of college, I dated this football player at Ole Miss who turned out to be a total jerk. He left his iPod in my car the last night we were together and before I gave it back, I erased all of his songs and pictures, and replaced them with Kidz Bop albums and pictures of me.

23. I can still do the splits and one-handed cartwheels.

24. I hate the month of February.

25. I am a ridiculous gore/horror fan and am going to see Eli Roth's The Green Inferno next Friday night for my birthday... Wish me luck!

Sure, my birthday is great, but today means we are only ONE week away from Vaught's birthday... I can't believe our little guy will be a whole year old! We're celebrating my birthday with dinner out tomorrow evening then will watch Ole Miss take on Alabama in Tuscaloosa... A victory over the Tide would make for an amazing 25th birthday present! HOTTY TODDY.

No comments:

Post a Comment