Monday, July 27, 2015

Vaught:: 10 Months

For the first time since month one, I'm late posting his monthly update. Normally I do his photoshoot and blog post a day or two in advance so that in posts on his "birthday," but I've totally been slacking lately. Hopefully the blogger in me will come back to the surface soon!

Anyway, our guy is ten months old! This has been one of the most fun months by far!


Weight: 23.5 pounds
Length: 30 inches
 
 

Clothes: Vaught wears size 12 month and a few 18 month outfits right now. I'm loving little knit t-shirts and shorts or pants; putting him in a onesie is a lot of work!

Sleep: He sleeps in his crib in his room for about 10 hours a night. Bedtime is around nine, and he gets up at seven on the dot.

New Childcare: Vaught will be at a new childcare facility starting August 3rd, when I return to school as a teacher. We chose a place just a few miles from our home. His new daycare is actually a school that keeps children from infants through twelve years old for their after school program. We're not sure if Vaught will still be there when he's preschool-aged, but I've heard great things about their pre-K program. He's going to start in the one-year-olds class, and when we visited last week he sat in the floor and made some new friends!

Mobility: Vaught crawls a step or two at a time. He can get up on all four but on his feet instead of his knees. They say you have to crawl before you can walk, but we think he'll walk before he crawls! He pulls up and can stand with very little support. He loves moving around in his car (walker).

Words: A lot of what Vaught says is still baby talk, but I can usually tell when he's trying to sound out a new word. This month he said "dog" and "water."

Food: Say a prayer for us as we start weaning him off the bottle! He probably takes four full bottles each day, but we hope to have him completely off the bottle by his first birthday or shortly after. He eats rice cereal and some baby food, but I'm pretty sure he prefers "people food," like sweet potato, squash, bread, avocado, and whatever else we're eating. He had a little bit of my pesto chicken sandwich at Newk's a few nights ago and loved it!

Likes:
new people
other babies and children
his walker
music
reading with Mommy

Dislikes:
the vacuum cleaner


Pictures



This is the closest Ginger has allowed him to get to her!






Only two more Vaught updates to go! His birthday is September 25th, and we're having his party that weekend. I'm going to do a blog post about the party and where I harvested a lot of my ideas, but for now I'll just tell you that the theme is the NFL Draft, and Vaught is the number ONE pick! I can't wait to put his first birthday party together and celebrate with family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment