Friday, July 24, 2015

Vacation: Friday & Saturday

Friday

Friday's breakfast was "on your own," meaning no one was going to cook for us. We didn't mind; it just meant another fun trip to Hazel's!
 


We were at the pool by 9AM, ready to soak up as much sun as we could stand on our last day.


Vaught didn't make it too long, and by ten I had to take him up to the condo to nap. I came back to the pool for another hour then went back to hang out in the condo with Vaught. My dad wanted lunch, so he suggested I drive to Hurricane Grill a few miles down the street. My brother and his wife had been there once already and said their hot wings were phenomenal, so I got Eric's drunk you-know-what out of the lazy river to go with me. Twenty hot wings and a tall glass of ice water were just what he needed.

We returned to the condo, and just as we were getting ready to head back to the pool for some afternoon sun, a storm began rolling in. It seems like it always rains on the last day of vacation! We all sat out on the balcony and watched the storm, which was surprisingly peaceful and kind of fun!



Around 4, Eric and I went to our condo to get ready to go eat at Lambert's Cafe in Foley. Dinner that night was on our own as well, and we just couldn't leave the beach without indulging in a few throwed rolls! Still raining, we picked up a fussy Vaught from mom and dad's and drove to Foley, where we waited just over an hour for a table. Vaught was pretty irritable by the time, so we had to eat quickly and leave. I think he was just ready to get back home!




 

Back at our condo, we went ahead and loaded everything up except for a change of clothes and Vaught's diaper bag. We were on the road by 6:15 the next morning. 

Saturday 

I spent all week dreading Saturday, but once dawn came I was so ready to get on the road. After dropping our keys off we stopped by Starbucks for breakfast then got back on the road.



I drank two bottles of water just between Foley and Citronelle, Alabama, so we ended up stopping four or five times on the way home. Vaught did pretty well on the drive home, only fussing a time or two.
 
We pulled into our driveway right at two o'clock Saturday afternoon, and we were so relieved to be home! We unloaded all the bags, then Eric and Vaught took a nap-- a long one. They slept nearly three hours! This gave me time to start some laundry and put a few things away, but after about an hour of that, I had to lay down for a little while too.

Around seven, we went to Kroger to get some groceries for the five day detox I did this week and were back home and in bed before nine.

Overall, this was definitely the best vacation I've ever had. It honestly wouldn't have happened though without the help of a few family members who are always there for us to support and love us when we need it most. That may be an odd thing to put at the end of this post, but you know who you are :)

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a fantastic vacation! My husband and I are planning on taking a good vacation next year since we haven't had much downtime lately due to moving and job changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a much needed break! The best part was being home and in bed at nine! We've taken two trips in the last month and both ended with us not getting in until four in the morning... yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got to get out and have some fun! We need to take a vacation. I've always wanted to go to Lamberts! I don't know what it is about people throwing carbs at you that's so appealing. Oh wait, yes I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I love the way you said that-- I loved having carbs thrown at my face! You should definitely go sometime very soon!

      Delete