Monday, July 6, 2015

Our First Fourth

Saturday was our first Independence Day as a family of three.
 

I remember Fourth of July last year like it was yesterday. I was just under thirty weeks pregnant and was really starting to show. I remember how good I felt--nice and round and pregnant, ha!

 
My grandmother and two aunts came over, along with my parents, and we all went to an early dinner at Texas de Brazil then watched fireworks from my house that night. It's hard to believe that's been a year ago now; that little guy in my belly is now here, and we had an amazing holiday!
 
Our day started with an early grocery run to get milk and eggs for breakfast. We also wanted to pick up a dessert for the party we were going to later on. Vaught rode in one of those cute kid carts every grocery store seems to have. He loved it, as you can tell!
 
After I made breakfast, I went to the gym for a workout! I did a mile on the treadmill, some shoulder work, and abs. I wanted to earn my July 4th feast I knew was coming!
 
 
At 3:30, we headed to our friends' house, Marlene and Kenny. They're actually my aunt and uncle's friends that we've become pretty tight with as well; they're even going to be going to the beach the same week as my family! It wasn't just an Independence Day celebration though; it was a surprise party for my uncle's 50th birthday. I could not get enough of this cookie cake. It was hilarious!
 
 
Vaught tried his first cupcake at the party. I've been very adamant about not giving him sweets or anything with added sugar, so I was secretly thrilled to watch him spit the cupcake back out and make a face! We may have to come up with an alternative for his birthday "smash cake" in September! Is sugar-free cake a thing??
 
 
Of course we had to take a few family photos. Vaught wore red, I wore white, and Eric wore blue. We believe the best things in life are red, white, and blue. This is also in reference to the Ole Miss Rebels, in case you missed that!
 

 
We didn't bring our swimsuits for the pool, but Vaught sure did try to wiggle over there a few times! He loves the water and is going to be such a ham at the beach next week!
 

 
I really hate that I didn't get more photos of everyone else at the party, but I'm also a little weird about going around asking people if I can take their photo... That's not very bloggy of me, but I did manage to catch a few good shots of Vaught playing with his new cousin, Jase; he's about five months younger than Vaught! They played so well together!
 

 
We could see the Snowden Grove fireworks show from their driveway, so we went outside at nine to watch. The loud booms and bright colors didn't faze Vaught or Jase a single bit; in fact, they fell asleep before the end!
 

 
We had a great July 4th holiday as a family of three! We're so thankful to live in the home of the free because of the brave. God bless America!
I'm excited for a busy week as we prepare to leave for the beach this weekend. Can't wait for a week on the water!

1 comment: