Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Vacation: Wednesday & Thursday

Sorry for not getting this posted yesterday; this week is a busy one!

Wednesday

We got up early and made breakfast at our condo then walked to mom and dad's. Eric and Joe Keith left around eleven for eighteen holes of golf, but I stayed behind with my dad and grandmother while the other women went shopping (you read that right--I didn't go). Once Vaught was down for a nap, my grandmother volunteered to stay in the room with him, so I went down to the lazy river for some sun time with my dad. I always love spending time by the pool with him. He's a farmer, so he works year-round, nonstop. It's nice to spend some quality time with him in such a relaxing place.

 

When Vaught woke up, I brought him down for a little sunshine too.


 
 
Around 2:30, I loaded Vaught up and drove to the Target in Gulf Shores to look around. No matter where I go, I just can't escape Target. I indulged in a tall white chocolate mocha while we were there and browsed the dollar section; I found these cute little shapes/colors books with Mickey and Minnie Mouse on them. I picked up one for Vaught, one for a friend's little girl.
Call me Kaitlyn..?
By the time we returned, Kenny was getting ready to prepare his original Louisiana gumbo for dinner.

We all completely cleaned the pot out; it was delicious! Contrary to belief, authentic Cajun food is actually not very spicy at all, so Vaught had a taste. He loved it!


So not a coincidence that someone had written CAJUNS in the sand that night??



We got ice cream for dessert and went back to our condo. Only two days left!

A scoop of strawberry, a scoop of coffee, with nuts!


Thursday

Vaught slept until nearly eight. Before heading to mom and dad's for breakfast, Eric realized he'd lost his sunglasses, so he and Vaught went to Walmart to find a new pair. I got dressed and ran across the street to the gym at Phoenix West for a workout. Condo/hotel gyms require lots of modifications, but I still got it done!
 
 

By the time I was done with my workout, Eric and Vaught were back from Walmart, so we changed into our swimsuits for more pool time. My uncle got a few good shots of us in the lazy river! Vaught loved it, as you can tell!





Dinner that night was at Bubba's, then we went back to mom and dad's for dessert. We went out on the beach with about an hour of sunlight left, which made for some sweet pictures.

 

 When we walked back inside the condo, I saw my Grandmother standing there in her swimsuit, cute little thing that she is. "Well, are you coming to the pool with me?" she asked. I didn't have my swimsuit and hadn't even thought about swimming, but I told I'd be happy to! She pulled out her other swimsuit that she's worn for the past few years. It was nearly a perfect fit on me; I just folded the straps down to "spruce it up" a bit! We did a few laps in the lazy river before coming back up for brownies and ice cream.



I'll try my best to have Friday & Saturday post tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment