Tuesday, December 1, 2015

December Blog Challenge::: Meaning Behind My Blog Name

A few weeks ago, a fellow bloggy friend on Instagram posted the photo below.


She is participating in the December Blog Challenge, and I am too! I'm not a part of the "blog squad" that she is, but this still looked like so much fun, so I'm giving it a try!

For today's post, I'm going to share how I came up with the name for my blog.

I started my blog back in 2010. I was a sophomore at Ole Miss and was also writing for the student newspaper. I love writing, and I think I've shared that passion with you all many times! If there is one talent I have that I am certain of, it is writing. Give me a pen or a keyboard and just set me loose; I love it and am so passionate about it. So, I wanted to turn my thoughts, crazy and wondrous as they were, into words on a blog. So, using my gmail address, I started a blog on Blogger.com. I can't be for certain, but I think the name of it at the time was "Just Sparkly." It's super cheesy, I know, but "sparkly" was my catchphrase for a short time.

"Hi, how are you, Kate?"
"Oh, just sparkly!"

Seriously. I didn't blog for very long before losing interest. I came back to my blog three years later, and I believe I named it "Whine, Wine, and Run," with the intention of making it an account about my journey on my way to running my first half marathon in February of 2014 (I ended up canceling my run due to getting pregnant).

Finally, at some point, and I can't tell you exactly when, aside from the fact that I know it was in early 2014, I decided to name this blog "Keeping Pace." I'd also considered "Changing Pace" or "A Change of Pace," but for some reason Keeping Pace just sounded more like me. I use my blog name not only to mean that readers are keeping up with me, but I'm constantly changing and figuring out more about myself… I also like to think of my blog name as a means of finding (and keeping) the real me as I learn more about myself on this journey.


I absolutely love my blog and all of the neat opportunities that have come with having it. I love filling you guys in on my life and fitness updates. I love sharing my family and sweet little Vaught with you all. I love when companies/businesses reach out to me for a product review or an advertisement on my blog. I just love connecting with others, and Keeping Pace allows me to do just that!

As always, thanks so much for reading this little corner of the world I call my own :)

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment