Thursday, November 26, 2015

Greetings from Gatlinburg!

Happy Thursday and more importantly, Happy Thanksgiving! If you're following me on Instagram or Snapchat (kcpace12), you know that the Paces are spending our holiday in Gatlinburg, TN, at Eric's grandparents' cabin in the Great Smoky Mountains! Technically, we're in Sevierville, TN, but most people are more familiar with Gatlinburg, which is several miles up the road.

It was actually my decision a year ago to spend Thanksgiving 2015 in the mountains. Last year, Vaught was just two months old, and we still weren't doing much travelling with him. Seriously, we refused to travel further than an hour with such a new baby. The furthest we travelled was Tupelo from Olive Branch, which is about 70 miles. So, I told Eric that next year we would spend our holiday at the cabin with his family.

We drove up Tuesday evening and arrived right before 3AM Wednesday morning. We were in bed by four and slept until Vaught woke up a little after eight. After breakfast, Eric and I left for a workout. I just typed in "fitness" into my Google Maps app, and it took us to a gym called Workout Anytime in Pigeon Forge.


It was Eric's leg day and my cardio/upper body day. I did 30 minutes on the treadmill, then bicep, tricep, and shoulder exercises with 15 and 20 pound dumbbells. Eric was trying to hit 700 pound squats, but the bar wasn't wide enough to fit any more plates after 540. Oh, the struggle!

 
 
 





We came home and hung out until it was time for dinner. We had hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and dip, potato salad, and chocolate-covered pretzels for dessert. And I love that we've continuously kept coffee made here at the cabin! It's hot and ready literally any time of day because between me and Eric's mom and stepdad, we consume a lot of coffee!

This morning, Vaught slept until eight, then we got up and made coffee. I had to go outside and get some fresh mountain air. I love how crisp and cool it is here. The only negative part is the effect it has on my breathing. I have asthma, and any change in elevation completely throws me off. I've had to keep my inhaler nearby, but as long as I have it I'm good to go!


We're looking forward to an amazing day and a delicious feasts early this afternoon. Just wanted to hop on the blog to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving on this beautiful day!


Vaught walking with Eric's grandparents :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment