Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Vaught's Favorites

Vaught was eight months old on Monday! Here are a few of his favorite things!

 
Our smart little guy knows an avocado when he sees one and gets really excited! I'm a big avocado eater, so I'll spoon out most of it onto my plate, then mash up the rest with a little bit of water to give to him. On May 5th, I sliced one up and just put it on his tray with his highchair; that was a better Cinco de Mayo celebration than he could ask for!
 
 
Apparently, mobile walkers have been taken off the market due to safety hazards..? I could be wrong, but one of my cousins said something about that at our Memorial Day cookout when she saw his walker. This is one my mom got at a junk store years ago and has passed down to Vaught. He loves moving around in it! We did have an exersaucer, but that didn't last long. I don't know if it was just too stimulating or what, but we donated it after we realized he was "done" with it.
 
I love the Happy Family brand; they make yummy baby food products that are organic and have healthy nutrients, such as DHA and probiotics-- so good for baby's tiny tummy! These HappyMelts are like puffs; they dissolve on Vaught's tongue. They're also good practice for learning to put food in his mouth by himself.
 
I still prefer to make Vaught's food using fresh produce, but when I can't, HappyBaby organic baby food wins again! I love these because of the nutrients obviously, but also the little pouches the food comes in. They're great for traveling, and even if I don't have a bowl, I can squeeze the food out onto a spoon or on my finger for Vaught to eat!
 
 

I can't remember who gave us this Bright Starts crinkly book, but Vaught loves it! It's probably been his favorite toy since he was about three months old. He loves grabbing at the pages and putting the rubber corners in his mouth.


This wooden stacking rings toy is a Christmas present from his Bebe and Pawpaw. He can't quite stack them himself yet, but he loves to watch me do it then knock it over and wait for me to reassemble it. He loves putting the rings in his mouth, which is probably not the brightest idea, but I keep a steady eye on him :)

This squeaky cow is a rubber toy from Infantino. My oldest sister Mandy picked this up for him in the hospital gift shop the day he was born, and he's finally learned what it's for: teething! With teeth coming in, he loves putting the cow's legs in his mouth and chewing on them. It helps that the squeaky sound makes it even more appealing; he giggles every time it squeaks!

What was/is your little one into at eight months old?

No comments:

Post a Comment