Tuesday, May 26, 2015

My Gym Closet

I get lots of compliments on my workout attire from friends, so I wanted to share my favorite sweat-worthy pieces on my blog! I'm all about comfort while I'm killing it at the gym, but at the same time I'm beginning to love more fitted tops. These are also great for progress pictures so you can really see the difference in your shape! Of course I had to throw in a couple of essentials as well :) 




1. Boxy tank or tees are must-haves for the workouts where I'm feeling a little "blah" and want something less restricting. These are also great for running errands after; you can tell I've been to the gym (excuse my sweaty face), but I don't look too serious.

2. I almost always wear a cap when working out, especially if I'm outside. It keeps my hair out of my face and shields my sensitive skin from the sun.

3. A water bottle is a must, but I'm the world's worst at remembering to bring mine. The PINK water bottles from Victoria's Secret are literally the best! I love getting them on sale or for free with a purchase from VS!

4. Nike Flex: I love these shoes for lifting weights because they're light, fairly flat, and sturdy. I'm weird about shoes that look too bulky, but these are just right! My husband tells me I need a pair of Chucks for weight-lifting, but I'm not sold on that idea just yet.

5. I wish there could be one perfect pair of shoes that are great for all types of workouts, from weight-lifting to running, but that's not usually the case. I have high arches, so these Dual Fusion X Cross Trainers are perfect for my feet when running! I bought these last week, and they're my third or fourth pair of Dual Fusion shoes by Nike. They have the perfect amount of cushion and support.

Although I'm a huge Nike fan, I buy my Nike shoes at Kohl's when I can; I almost always have a 20-30% off coupon or Kohl's cash I can use that I obviously wouldn't be able to use at a Nike store. Sorry if I'm cheating :)

6. These Nike Pro capris are seriously the best workout pants on the market! I have two pair; one pair was purchased in 2010, and I have finally worn a hole through the waist band! I love these because they're super light, super stretchy, and they don't budge while I'm running!

7. I posted this tank to my Fitstagram Sunday morning. These Champion tanks are available at Target for $14.99 and are perfect for tough workouts! They're breezy and flowy, and the hem is longer in the back, keeping your tush covered.
I have on a size XL
8. I invested in a couple of these Nike racerbacks a couple of years ago and love them! They're great for any workout and you can even get matching Nike sports bras to wear underneath. I recently learned that they continued that exact top, but click on the link for a similar style! I'll probably be ordering a couple more soon.

9. Another Chamption tank win! I had to share this one with my followers too because I love it that much!! These are $19.99 at Target and come in fun, neon colors! They're also seamless, which I love.
I'm wearing a size XXL 

10. And I just can't say enough about the salar capri from Fabletics! These are light and stretchy and stay in place through your workout. Click here to get a pair; you'll get your first outfit for only $25!

Have a Happy Tuesday! Go work out!!!


18 comments:

  1. I've been loving boxier tanks too, but I love when there's a built-in sports bra involved! Easy peasy and fuss free.

    cominguprosestheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Built-in bras are a Heaven-sent, as long as they're seamless! I'll still add a seamless bra underneath for extra bounce-prevention! LOLz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely loving this. I'm purging my closet today and reorganizing my clothes, including workout clothes. Unfortunately, I see a few items that you have that I need, I'll tell my hubs it's all your fault for posting the cute stuff! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rachel! Yes, just tell your husband to take his anger out on my blog, LOL! I'm glad I inspired you!

      Delete
  4. I love fun colorful outfits for the gym - they make me smile!! I am quite a black leggings girl though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Samantha! The bright colors make me excited about working out!

      Delete
  5. I love work out capris! They are the perfect length. I need to check out the Nike ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I can't hardly stand any other type of pant while exercising!

      Delete
  6. Workout clothes are my favorite to buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! They're much more comfortable than "normal clothes!"

      Delete
  7. I am buying so much workout clothes lately, it's insane!! Love both sets of nikes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion, you can never have too much Spandex or too much Nike! xoxo

      Delete
  8. yess I needed this list! I am working hard to get back into the work out routine.. this was perfect timing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! Often, having a cute workout outfit or even a cute water bottle to show off makes me excited for exercise. Hope you get back in the swing!

      Delete
  9. I've had my eye on Fabletics. I may have to try them out now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's worth every penny! You can click on my link to get your first outfit for $25, then they're regularly about $50/month, but you can skip the month any time you want! I LOVE Fabletics!

      Delete
  10. love this, I'm fairly new to the whole gym thing so still getting to grips with the wardrobe! I have a pair of Nikes which I think are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned! And I have never ever worn a sports bra before but now I think I could actually wear one every single day they are so comfy! xx

    ReplyDelete