Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My Progress Lately

I did do have a post entitled "My Workouts Lately," but since I forgot my notebook with all of my workouts I've written in it, I'll just include a short post about my progress!

Several weeks ago I found myself in a major rut. I had gained a few pounds back and was feeling lazy and sluggish. Six or seven pounds isn't much, but I could definitely feel it! About three weeks ago though, I kicked my butt into gear and have stuck to a clean eating/exercising routine pretty well since then. Sometimes I think we need to regress a little bit just so we can get a tiny taste of what we were before. A few weeks of feeling tired and sloppy were all I needed to get my act together!

Weight gained during pregnancy: 29 pounds
Weight lost since delivery: 49
Highest weight lost: 52


I'm currently sitting at a 49 pound loss. I was hoping to be at 60 by June, but I'm okay with 49! I've made a lot of progress, but there is definitely more to be made, and I'm excited to keep going!

I'm following a new program that I will share with you all soon. I'm loving my workouts because they're short but effective, and I feel myself getting stronger with each week. I love that my husband is a powerlifter; he is a never-faltering source of encouragement for me. After dinner Monday I was talking about how tired I was, and he said, "Don't even think about it; you've got squats to do." My max Monday  night was 155 pounds for three reps; I was one proud mama!

One morning this week I could definitely see and feel the lean!


Treats are a thing! Don't be fooled by the healthy meals I post to my Fitstagram account; I definitely have to indulge a couple of times a week! It's usually in the form of a frappucino from Starbucks, but I had a strange hankering for a Sonic Coke and mozzarella sticks yesterday. I fit that treat into my calories for the day and had dinner according to my goals. Regardless of your journey, balance is key! Enjoy the ride and treat yourself when you need it :) 



Again, thank you all for following me and encouraging me on this journey! I feel stronger and better than I have in years. Healthy and happy is the goal!

17 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! <3

    I love reading other healthy living blogs etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Stephanie! Me too! It's one of the best ways I stay motivated and inspired :)

      Delete
  2. You look great and that's an amazing accomplishment! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! You're so sweet! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. You look great! Those accomplishments are huge! Good thing you have such a supportive partner too. That always helps :) I know when I lost 40lbs I always had my partner there loosing weight and encouraging me as well. Can't wait to hear more on how you did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely helpful to have someone there supporting you and cheering you on, be it your spouse, a family member, or a good friend! I don't know what I'd do or where I would be without Eric! He's great! Thanks so much for stopping by; I hope you'll check back in frequently!!

      p.s. your Etsy shop is to die for!

      Delete
  4. You are doing amazing, seriously! And I can't believe you only gained 29 pounds while pregnant! I have never had such a low weight gain during pregnancy (although, I might be close this time around, time will tell). With my son I gained 50 pounds!! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Justine! My sisters were a lot of help; they both put on 100+ pounds in their pregnancies, and they begged me to be more conscious of my eating and exercising. I'm very thankful they were so honest with me and supportive.

      Delete
  5. You look great. And I love that you show your treats as well! Also, that you call them treats and not cheats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES, "treats, not cheats" is an important part of my journey. If I called them cheats, then I'd be cheating all the time. Seriously, I have a treat, whether big or small, several times a week. I don't totally blow my diet, but I have to let loose a little. Thanks so much for stopping by, Valerie!

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the progress you made! It's so good to have someone to encourage you :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! I need to get my butt into gear and start a workout out routine. Also have you tried Spark energy drink? Im curious about it but wanted to know if anyone I "know" has tried it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not tried Spark, BUT I LOVE Coffeeccino by Advocare! A few of my friends swear by the Advocare products! Coffeeccino is soooo yummy and gives me lots of energy with no crash. I love using it to whip up a homemade frappucino!

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, you look great! 49 pounds is a HUGE amount to lose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shannon! I can feel it more than I can see it. I feel so much better! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  9. Wow! Congrats! You look great! Keep it up!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete