Thursday, December 25, 2014

Three Months Old

Merry Christmas to you and happy three month birthday to Vaught Charles! We've had a wonderful three months and a quaint little Christmas as a family of three (plus two pups)! I can't believe it's been three months since we met our baby boy... He is our entire world, and our lives are changed for the better. If you had told me a year ago that I'd be dressing a cuddly little one in a reindeer sleeper on Christmas morning, I probably would have told you you were crazy. Being a mother really is everything, though. I love our little guy so so much.
 
 

Weight: 15 pounds, 2 ounces
Length: 24 inches

Food: He drinks 6-8 ounces about every three hours. When he was about two and a half months old, we began to implement some baby food. We skipped right over rice cereal or oatmeal and tried apples, bananas, and sweet potatoes. Vaught loves them! He will eat rice cereal, but it's not his favorite.

Sleep: 9-11 hours a night. He's had his first cold and we found out a few days ago that it's actually bronchiolitis, basically bronchitis in infants. It's very common, and the only "cure" is for him to just cough all the mucus out of his lungs. No fever or anything, just coughing and wheezing a little, so he's gotten up a few times in the night due to that. Sometimes I'll need to give him a bottle and rock him back to sleep, but most of the time he'll babble and drift off again. Last night he slept THIRTEEN hours! My grandmother gave us a humidifier, and that's already helping out with Vaught's cold.

Diapers: He now wears size 2, and I'm testing all the store brands. Walmart's Parent's Choice and Walgreen's Well Beginnings are both awesome!

Clothes: He can still wear some 0-3, but mostly 3-6 months. These still have some growing room too. I've begun buying size nine month when I shop for him because he does not have many options after six months!

Developments: He's holding up his head and chest very well, and he can roll onto his side from his back. He'll be rolling over before too long! He's also getting some hand-eye coordination; when I hold a toy in front of his face, he's begun reaching for it. When his name is called, he looks around to find out who the voice belongs to. He's babbling, cooing, and giggling constantly, as well as grabbing onto his bottle.

Daycare: Am I crazy for not crying the first day I dropped him off? He loves it! He's been going to daycare at the private school near my work for three weeks now and has yet to cry when I drop him off or pick him up. When I pick him up in the afternoons, he's usually being cuddled by one of the caretakers or sleeping! He's also got a curly-headed blonde girlfriend who's three! I really thought that daycare would be hard, but I'm so thankful that it hasn't been. The women there who take care of him are amazing!

The Dogs: lots of people have asked how are pups are handling the baby. Lola is like his second mother... She's very protective of him and can calm him down  when he cries. She's the best big sister! Ginger, on the other hand, couldn't really care less for him. She wasn't on the Pace Christmas card because she won't be near him. But I think Vaught and Lola are going to be BFF :)

Likes:
Sitting up
His Bumbo
His swing
The Christmas tree
TV (bright lights, basically)
Rattle toys
His squeaky cow toy
Lola
Bath time
Carseat, riding, strolling
Baby food
Tummy time
Sucking on thumbs/hands

Dislikes:
Sitting at stoplights or standing still; he likes his carseat as long as he's moving!
Being taken out of the bath
Laying back; unless he's being fed, he likes to sit up

Pictures


The morning of his first day at daycare

He usually sleeps until it's time for me to wake him up and get him ready, but this was one morning when he woke up early. He then went down for a nap while I got ready for work!




Sweet potatoes for breakfast!


Christmas at Pop & Kack's last night!

Merry Christmas to you and yours!


No comments:

Post a Comment