Friday, December 19, 2014

The Return to Facebook...

I'm not a huge Facebook fan at all. I had an account for years and deleted it more than a year ago and have really enjoyed life without it! However, my blog has recently gained sponsorship with several businesses; in addition to that, my readership grows each month, which is so exciting! A few nights ago I turned to Eric and asked him what he thought about me returning to Facebook strictly for my blog. I knew that by making a page for Keeping Pace where I can share my posts as well as advertise a little for my sponsors I'd be gaining even more readers and support for this little corner of the universe I've come to love so much. He and I talked about it for a little while (he doesn't Facebook either) and decided that creating a page for the blog on Facebook would probably be a great idea. He's so supportive of my blog and my passion for it, and I couldn't be more thankful! I've been blessed with one amazing husband!

I began working on the page last night and am still not entirely finished, but I'm getting there! I shared the page with lots of my Facebook friends (sorry for all the spam--I promise I won't make it a habit) and had a few dozen "likes" in just an hour. It's not much, but it's a way to get the word out. I've been very blessed with such outpouring support for my blog... So many people have told me how much they enjoy reading it, and I hope they know I mean it when I tell them "you seriously, like, just made my day!" My mother has just now learned how to access my blog, but even she has had people approach her to tell her how much they enjoy reading. In addition to that, I'm fortunate to have been able to make a small bit of income with it, just enough for a few extra groceries, I like to say. I think it's totally bizarre that people have actually made careers out of blogging; please know that that's definitely not my intention! This is simply a hobby that I enjoy so much, I see making a few dollars off of it as just an added perk! Even still, I absolutely love writing, and that's where I want my career to lead, so if I get there via blogging, that's totally fine with me!

I really really really want to share my new sponsorships with you because I can hardly contain my excitement! But after a good workout tonight and some playtime with Sir Vaught, this mama is wiped out. I'm working on a post about my sponsors to share with you all, so I'll share that to my Facebook page when it posts :)

In the meantime, please click here to visit my Facebook page for Keeping Pace, give it a "like," and feel free to look around. As always, thanks for keeping pace :)

No comments:

Post a Comment