Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

What's a New Year celebration if I don't include a few resolutions or goals for 2015? This is a very cliché post, for I feel that we should always be striving to be our best selves, but of course the beginning of a new year is a great time to find and keep that killer motivation! Despite its trials, 2014 was a beautiful year for us, but I am very anxious to see what 2015 holds for me and my family.

Here is my list of goals for the new year:

Walk closer with God.
I'm a Christian, so this will never change. Do we ever reach a point where we're satisfied with our relationship with Christ? I don't think so. This is something that I will always be striving to improve.

Spend more time with family.
This year I've grown so much closer with my little brother and older sisters. Being a wife and mother has made my relationship with my parents stronger. When my Nannie passed away last year, I began to realize how quickly we can lose the people we love, so I want to spend more time with the two grandparents I still have, my dad's father and my mom's mother. I also want to spend more time with my cousins and aunts and uncles. Things have been a little hectic in my family this year, and it's important to me that they all know how very much I love them.

90/10
I'm going to strive to maintain my 90/10 healthy diet by eating mostly healthy things while allowing a not-so-nutritious treat every couple of days. I want to drink lots of water too!

Strong not skinny.
For the past fourteen years, I have woken up every January 1st and said to myself, This year I will get skinny! Ha. That is no longer the goal! As far as weight loss goes, I think I should probably stop putting a number to it. I have a goal weight in mind, but my ultimate goal is to be strong and healthy. I hope to keep working out three to four times a week and get some major definition in my legs and arms. Some abs would be nice, but I hear you can't have everything...

No French fries challenge.
One of my friends did this in 2010; she did not eat a single French fry for an entire year. When asked why, she shrugged and said she just thought it'd be a cool challenge. So, I gave it a shot in 2012. I made it all the way to May then devoured a plate of fries after a state testing day when my administration forgot to give the test proctors a lunch break. They finally brought us food in the form of a basket of fries! I am going to repeat this challenge again in 2015. I don't have a French fry weakness or anything; it's just an interesting challenge! I will make it an entire year without a French fry!

To never be "too busy."
I realized just in the last few months that I'm a bit offended when a friend says, "Sorry I've not returned your calls in weeks; I've just been so busy!" Confession: I used to place my worth in how busy I was... When I was in a sorority and writing for the student newspaper at Ole Miss, I bragged about how packed my social schedule was, and I'm sure I looked like an asshole to my friends as I explained to them how difficult it was for me to pencil in lunch dates and movie nights. I have a goal to never apologize to a friend with the excuse that I was "too busy" to return a call for day/weeks at a time. News flash: no one is that busy.

Blogging.
I have no shame in admitting that I absolutely love my blog. When I returned to it earlier this year I thought it would just be a fun hobby I was picking up again, a cool way to track my pregnancy and things going on in my life. But now I'm obsessed with it and I've been extremely fortunate to have had some neat opportunities along the way. I will continue blogging in 2015. I'd like to get more sponsorships and gain more readers across more diverse audiences. I absolutely love my readers too!

Be the best wife and mother I can be.
This never stops. I pray each day that God helps me to love Eric even more than I did the previous day. I pray He molds me into the wife and mother He wants me to be, and I ask for His guidance as the number one woman in both my husband and son's lives. I thought I had it all when I married Eric, but I really got it all when I became a mother. It truly is everything.

 The first of a new year really is a great time to start working on a better you, but remember that it's a constant work in progress. Whatever your goals are, I hope you go after them with passion. I wish you a happy and prosperous 2015!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment