Monday, October 12, 2015

I'm anything but average.

According to the World Wide Web, the average size of the adult American female is 12-14. She has a waist of 34-35 inches and weighs between 140 and 150 pounds.

As far as size goes, I am officially classified as "average." However, I am anything but.

Yesterday afternoon, Vaught and I went to return two sweaters to TJ Maxx. I'd bought them a couple weeks ago and decided they weren't in my best interest (I'm a sweater hoarder for real). Obviously, I just can't go to TJ Maxx without hitting up Target too--they're right beside each other.

I was browsing the clothing section, when I happened upon a pair of jeans draped over a rack of t-shirts. No hanger or anything, it looked like someone had just decided against them and thrown them over the rack. I don't know what made me pick them up, but I did.

Size 12 skinny jeans. They were the dENiZEN brand, a sub-brand by Levi's for Target. My first thought was No way. I've only owned two pair of Levi's in my entire life and though I like the way they fit, they usually seem to run a little small. However, I was trying on two tops I'd picked up, and something convinced me to try on the jeans as well. I held them up, thinking the waist looked far too tiny to ever fit around me, but What the hell?! I'll give them a try.

They were the first thing I decided to try on in the dressing room. I stepped in one foot at a time, prepared for the shimmy dance I knew I'd probably have to do just to be able to pull them up. But they slid right up and buttoned with ease. I was in complete and utter disbelief as I turned from side to side, looking in the mirror, again saying to myself No freaking way.

And then of course I pulled out my phone and took pictures. Pics or it didn't happen, right?




 
I was thrilled, to say the least. I can vaguely remember the last time I was a size 12. I was in the eighth grade. They fit in the fall, but by the end of that final middle school year, I was filling out and had put on a little weight. By my freshman year of high school, a size 12 wouldn't have even surpassed my hips. I also find it odd that I still weigh about fifteen pounds more than I did in ninth grade; guess that's what lifting weights does for ya!
 
 
So yes, I am now average-sized, but let me assure that this girl is anything but average. I'm capable of so much more than the average woman, and I think I've proven that pretty well in the past year. In the past year, I've been the biggest I've ever been and now the smallest, and I'm talking a little more about that tomorrow :) Come back for a post with the numbers.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment