Monday, October 26, 2015

5 Things I'm Thinking When I Watch Your SnapChat Story

Ahhh, SnapChat.

I had an account a couple years ago, like before it literally exploded and became more popular than Oreos dipped in peanut butter and Netflix and fringe clothing and pumpkin spice lattes. Most of you probably didn't know SnapChat's been around for a while. Anyway, I traded it in for a bigger Instagram circle and more space on my iPhone, not really seeing the point of having it. Plus I didn't really have many people to send SnapChats to. And to be honest, I found it kind of boring.

Today, I'm into SnapChat once again (because it's entertaining as hell), and people are really into it. Like, SnapChat-names-in-their-bios into it. I'm not that intense with this fun form of social media, but I'd be lying if I said I don't enjoy it… Most of the time.

Here are five things I'm thinking when I watch SnapChat stories.

1. You're, like, 17... Why are you drinking? This one is kind of my own fault; I used to teach at a high school and can now be friends with lots of the kids I taught on social media, which is fine, but I hate seeing them snapping pictures of themselves holding beer bottles and mixed drinks. I know that's a bit hypocritical, but I guess it's the mother in me.

2. I am dying to screenshot this to share (and judge) with my friends, but you'll find out. SnapChat informs you when someone screenshots your snap (more on that tomorrow). I read about a way to get around all that (I Googled it out of boredom, I didn't actually plan on doing it... okay, I did), but my new iPhone 6s does not allow for it. There goes my attempt at stalking.

3. Your story needs a limit. Ten snaps that are ten seconds long equal 100 seconds of a SnapChat story; you better be hanging out with Beyoncé or Jesus. No one should have a 100 second SnapChat story. Thankfully, you can now tap your way through those.




4. I am not watching your video. I never--literally, never--watch people's video SnapChats. The second I open a snap and see it's a video, I tap right through it, unless it is one sent directly to me and even then, it usually annoys me.



5. Just stop. Seriously. Stop.

Go ahead, add me on SnapChat and we'll watch each other's stories... Unless it's a video.

kcpace12

No comments:

Post a Comment