Thursday, August 7, 2014

Celebrating Vaught

     You know that feeling you sometimes get when even though there's a million things you could be worried about, you're just too overcome with happiness to give negative thoughts any satisfaction?

     Well, that was me. All day this past Sunday. If I'm being honest then I have to say that I try to be that way all the time because who wants to worry about stuff? In my young adult life so far, I've had a lot to learn... a lot about myself and a lot about the world of adulthood. It's scary sometimes and a little overwhelming. Sure, there's tons of things at the back of mind I could have been tied up with all day Sunday because our lives have been super busy a little more stressful than usual as we prepare to welcome a baby. But there was just too much to look forward to on this day... Too much joy in my heart to care about anything else.

     I went home with my hot latte after a good but quick morning workout and got ready, even put a few curls in my hair, and Eric and I made the drive to Potts Camp to attend church with my parents. We had lunch at their house then my mom and I drove to New Albany for my first official baby shower. It was hosted by two of my best friends, though one of them couldn't be there, so her mother and sister gladly took her place.

     We arrived right on time, and I was happy to see a few friends and family already there. Right before we ate though, people just started rolling in. Friends and family came from all over. Even the ladies I work with in Holly Springs came! I was so overwhelmed at the support and love I felt; to see so many people there that love me and this precious little boy who's going to make an appearance pretty soon was such an amazing feeling. Somehow, I didn't let myself cry, even as I thanked all of them for coming. I'm such an ugly crier; it would have been uncomfortable for all of us!

     One of the best parts of a shower (bridal or baby or house or whatever!) is opening gifts, of course! And there were a lot! Lots of absolutely precious outfits and toys and diapers and bottles and blankets and even a bouncer! Vaught will surely know how loved and cared for he is. As I opened the gifts, I just kept imaging him wearing this, playing with that, wrapped up in this blanket, chewing on some of the toys when those dreaded teething months arrive. I just became so excited for him--to hear his first cry, to see what he looks like, to know who he'll be one day. It's definitely overwhelming to think about, but it's so sweet too. I was never so sure about motherhood, but I always said that if I did have children, I definitely wanted a son. And could you believe God is giving such a special gift to us?

Can't wait to use this at the hospital then hang in his nursery!

I hot-glued twine to the letters and hung them over his crib.


Cheslin's mother made this cake, and it was incredible!


Cheslin made this cute Ole Miss diaper cake! I love the little Starbucks sippy cup!
       Now that I've had my first shower, I am a few steps closer to completing Vaught's room, which I'm so excited about! I have worked for hours on getting it just the way I want it, though I still have work to do. I received his crib bedding at my shower, so dressing his crib up was one of the first things I did when I got home Sunday night; it looks amazing! I cannot wait to share it with you! Trust me, that blog is coming very soon!
 
     I just want to say now at the end that I am so blessed to have the friends and family that I do. I claim to have just a few friends that I keep, but looking around at all the guests on Sunday, that's a crazy thing for me to say! I have a LOT of friends-- sweet, caring, incredible people who love me and support me and are here for me as I embark on this special journey. I could not ask for anything more than that. I know some of you are reading, so let me just end by saying that each and every one of you mean the world to me. I could never do this alone, and I know that I don't have to. Sure, I have Eric and most days he is all the assurance that I need. But sometimes, I just need the special women like you... To tell me I'm not crazy, it's gonna be okay, and that I can do this. 

From the depths of my heart, thank you, thank you, thank you. 

I am 33 weeks pregnant today, and this is how I'm starting to feel... I will post my week 34 update next Thursday :)

 
 

To see a few photos of me and some of my lovely guests, add me on Instagram: katepace12 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment