Thursday, July 31, 2014

Week 32 Update

It seems too soon to already be entering month eight of pregnancy; only eight weeks until we meet Vaught face to face (maybe less than that if we're lucky)! I'm definitely looking forward to not being pregnant anymore, and I find it hard to believe the people that tell me I will miss it. It's been pretty easy, but will I really miss the big belly, the super cute pregnancy waddle, and constant trips to the bathroom? Not so sure about that!


Movement: Vaught's definitely going to arrive with either a black belt in karate or some sweet moves like Napolean Dynamite’s.
I have been feeling small contractions for the past few weeks, commonly referred to as Braxton Hicks contractions. They're not painful or even uncomfortable really. They are more common when I'm sitting down and will usually go away if I stretch a little or stand up. It's pretty neat knowing that my body is already practicing for labor, though these do not compare at all to real contractions, which I had when I miscarried last fall (shudder). Those are a doozy!

How I feel: Physically? Pretty good. But…

CAN WE TALK ABOUT HORMONES? Can we please talk about this?? I know I’m not the only one. I am a happy person; it’s in my blood. But I have cried more in my pregnancy than I have in my entire life. Why? You ask. Oh, no reason. Just because. Around month five or six I finally came to the conclusion that it’s all hormones—yes, the same ones giving me amazing hair and better skin. Once again, I’m reminded of Knocked Up when Seth Rogen has his fit about Katherine Heigl’s hormones. (“F&*K YOU, HORMONES. NOT ALLYSON—HORMONES!”) And I know my husband feels the same way. I finally had to confront him about what’s going on, and I just asked that he be understanding and sensitive-- or as sensitive as Eric Pace can be. I told him that there was no reason to worry or freak out when I randomly start crying—just hug me and tell me I’m pretty or that I’m going to be a great mother or something like that. Starbucks will work too :) I go into a crying spell once every couple of weeks, but sometimes it comes more often. And it usually doesn’t last longer than an hour. I’ll turn the TV on something funny or take a nap, and it’s like it never happened. Another thing that’s a big help? Read below.

Exercise: It's pretty much the only thing that instantly cures any and all of my pregnancy ailments (except for heartburn--darn). It has been especially helpful when the hormones take over and I become an emotional freight train. There's nothing that makes me feel so refreshed and energized like an hour at the gym. I'm still doing a lot of the MMF workouts, but last Sunday, my husband had me do one of his. I was really thrilled to discover that I can still squat with 155 pounds (yes, it's totally fine for me; no discomfort or pain). I can't squat down as low with baby belly, but it still felt good. The closer I get to my due date, the more walking I plan on doing, too. Starting at week 34 in a couple of weeks, I am going to make a point to walk around my block twice every evening until Vaught arrives. Trust me, I get plenty of walking in at my job (I'm constantly running to the post office, banks, attorney's offices, etc), but a little more in the evening can never hurt! Supposedly women who walked (not just exercised in general, but walked) had super short, easy labors. But hey, I'll take it all as it comes!
Craving: The appetite is still weird. Some days I am not hungry at all, while there have been a few lately where it seems like I can't get enough to eat. I'm craving fruit again, but I suppose that's a good thing, right?!
short conversation with my husband on Monday...


I also can't get enough water lately! The worst part?? I'm thirstiest at nighttime! I get up 6 or 7 times during the night... Not the funnest part of pregnancy, but it's whatevvvvvs.

To-do list: I made this one day while at work. Is it totally selfish that food and the Grove are the first two things I thought of? I've got to eat at Como Steakhouse and tailgate in the Grove one last time before he gets here. It will be a while before we get to do these things again after all!

Vaught's Room: That blog that's been sitting in my drafts for two months is going to have to wait until after my last shower on September 6th. I want to have all of his bedding and any more clothes he'll get. In the middle of working on this post I began writing a list of what I want to put and where, so I'm hoping I can stick to that and finalize some things in his room. I absolutely hate clutter, despite being kind of messy myself; I just want everything to have a place and be in its place. I know... I've got big things coming with motherhood.
Up next:  My first planned baby shower (I keep forgetting about the surprise one I had at school) is this Sunday, and I am so excited! Two of my best friends are hosting it for me. Actually, only one of them will be there; Cheslin is a newly-wed army wife, and she and her new husband were deployed to Alaska much sooner than they expected; she is on her way there in just a few days, but they're already stationed in Georgia right now while they wait to leave. Even still, she put so much effort into the party; I have no doubt that it will be fabulous! I cannot wait to see family and friends there; Vaught will surely know how loved he is!

Belly Shots

One of my bump photos this week comes in my bridesmaid dress from Jaymo's wedding. Technically, I wasn't a full 32 weeks, but it'll be okay :) Even after being taken in on both sides, this dress was huge on me! (But totally gorgeous, right?!) I really thought the entire congregation might see a little more than they came for as I walked down the aisle!
 
The other was taken today. Please bear in mind that I come home from a long day at work and take these pictures every two weeks. I might powder my nose just a little beforehand, but aside from that, what you see is what you get. I apologize if it's a little scary!
 
And can I just say that this was the highlight of the past couple weeks? I have always wanted to park here when shopping at Belk, and I finally got my chance!
 
 
 
And to top this blog off... I can no longer reach my toes, so the husband was kind enough to give me a pedicure a few nights before Jaymo's wedding last week. What a sweet one I have! I do have a professional spa pedicure scheduled for this Saturday. I really don't like having my nails done, but I am super excited about this!
 

 

Have a happy Thursday and weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment