Thursday, August 28, 2014

Week 36

We are 36 weeks strong today, and I am feeling the pressure! I still feel pretty good in general, but achey and heavy sometimes, especially in my hips. I believe this means he is "settling" or "engaged," meaning I'm that much closer to getting to meet him :) Even still, it's a little uncomfortable sometimes. I don't think there's any way I will make it to the end of September... but I guess I could. My hips and legs just may be completely detached by then!

Contractions: I have sporadic contractions throughout the day and have begun jotting them down. They're getting stronger but are still fairly painless, lasting about 15-20 seconds. As much as I'm not really looking forward to it, my doctor better perform an internal exam on the cervix Tuesday. That's all I got to say 'bout that.

Exercise: I'm doing all upper body now along with some cardio, which usually makes my hips, legs, and back feel better on rough days surprisingly. I have a love/hate relationship with cardio; I get bored with it unless I'm running one of the routes in my neighborhood. But since it's wayyyyy too hot for this mama-to-be, I've stuck with the treadmill and the elliptical. I can still jog but not for long--mainly because of the constant urge to pee!

Weight: I haven't stepped on my home scale in a  few weeks, and I don't intend to, so I won't know for sure until my appointment Tuesday morning. I've kind of turned my back on the healthy diet I've followed for the past 8 months, but maybe that's not so bad since I can't eat much at all (running out of room!). I've probably put on a few pounds since my last appointment, but I'm alright with that. We are almost done, and it's going to all fall off in the weeks following Vaught's debut! At not quite 34 weeks, I had gained just a little more than 20 pounds... I'd say that's a pretty good accomplishment for this mama!

Highlights

I used my birthday coupon from Victoria's Secret for a few pair of new-mom-friendly undies and some sweats. When I saw these black sweatpants I couldn't help but picture myself living in them for the first few days of Vaught's life. They're going to the hospital with me too!

 
The husband and I are paid up on our bills through the end of September and some through October. This was a HUGE weight off our shoulders!

I also got Vaught's circumcision procedure paid for, which is something they recommend you do by 36 weeks (apparently the price goes up if you don't). I don't mind sharing, so for those who may be curious it is $225 at our hospital.

Up Next

It is Labor Day weekend, and Eric and I are going on a date... No clue what we're going to do yet, but we figured we deserved one last night out, just the two of us. I kind of hope a movie and some popcorn are in store, but we'll see.

Ole Miss Football starts... TODAY, and I've been pumped all day. I used up the battery on my phone before two o'clock just reading stats and predictions on the game tonight! My blood pressure is about to be all over the place. Any Ole Miss fan will tell you that it's not healthy being one of us :)

My family shower is next Saturday, and I'm so excited to see everyone and get a few last minute gifts for Vaught. Hopefully he'll hold off until then, but I totally wouldn't mind if he didn't.

Bump Photos

Yes, I cut  my head off. Looking a little ratchet this afternoon.

Did I just use the term "ratchet?"


35 weeks + 5 days Tuesday.

I guess you could say I'm a little anxious to have him here. Pregnancy has been so good to me, and it's flown by. I'm so thankful that things have gone as well as they have, but I'm ready to meet our little guy. I feel like I've been waiting my whole life to meet him. I know being a new mother will be tough sometimes, but I also know how worth it it's all going to be, and I am so looking forward to the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment