Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 35 Update

 


     So, I did decide to do an update for week 35 today, but it is going to be rather short. Above is one of our lovely maternity photos with Angela Ammons from two Saturday ago. She sent us a sneak peak album; they are gorgeous! Well, most are, haha! Their meaning is beautiful at least. I'm going to her house to pick and choose and order tomorrow and am so excited. I can't wait to have a few in Vaught's room.

     Vaught has been really active this week and was especially so today. I actually halfway thought that something big was going to happen this afternoon; the Braxton Hicks are getting stronger and stronger! Still not painful, but they often stop me in my tracks and I'm like "whoa!" I still went and worked out tonight (I've been going four times a week for the past two weeks--yes!) However, I am officially done with lower body, aside from some light squats. My hips and back are nearly kaput; I have perfected the pregnancy waddle because of it. I think it's kind of cute :) My husband comes to the gym with me and has me do back, chest, shoulders, and arms, and of course a little cardio. I still feel great and am hoping to work out until the day Vaught arrives!


     We rolled the bassinet over to our side of the bed, as part of our "training the dogs for baby" exercises we've got going on. It made it all the more real! I cannot wait to have Vaught here beside us. I'm likely to be the mother with her arm in there all night, holding his sweet little hand. Okay, I have to stop! But can we talk about Lola??? She sat there and looked over in it like, Okay... I'm not quite sure what this is. Mom?? She stuck one of her paws down in it, just feeling around. I know we probably should have said "No!" but it was too cute! We will from here forward, but I think it's good to let them explore a little. Chance and Anabelle want nothing to do with it, but part of the training is giving them time to come around on their own. They're getting so good with being calm and quiet in the baby's room--I have no doubt they'll be great siblings!

      We've also got the car seat set up and ready to go; we each have a base in our vehicles, so it will be easy to move him around. And as of tonight (with those crazy contractions I was having), I've officially got our bags packed and ready for the hospital in Eric's truck! We are ready whenever he is!

          Bump Photos

        I just have one from earlier today.  My mom got this pretty navy dress for me, on sale from Target's maternity section. She got it for me to wear to the first Ole Miss game. However, I may not make it that far! And with Eric's promotion at work (not the full good news from yesterday but definitely part of it!) he is likely to be working a lot of Saturdays again starting in September, so if he can't go we are probably selling those tickets. It seems like we're going to end up selling a lot of our tickets between work and baby, but it's all worth it :)


      Up Next

The Ole Miss game predictions blog will post Sunday evening. Ole Miss football starts in SEVEN DAYS!!! Look for the week 36 update next Thursday :) Have a safe, happy weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment