Thursday, July 3, 2014

Week 28 Update... 12 Weeks To Go!!!

And GOODBYE to Trimester Two!!
 

I remember how excited I was to enter the second trimester at thirteen weeks. It feels like forever ago, yet the time flew by so quickly! The last stretch is finally here, and I'm getting more and more excited with each week! I cannot wait to meet my little man!

Movement: Vaught is a playful little thing! He's starting to kick a LOT, and when he does, I poke at wherever he's kicking. After a few seconds, he'll kick back. If I stop poking at him for a minute or so, he'll start going nuts! It makes me think he's going to be a happy, playful baby! You can totally see him kicking around now. My belly jumps all the time. I've made a few videos of it and plan on sharing them on my Instagram at some point.

Craving: BBQ sauce. On everything. I really like tater tots from Sonic with some of their yummy BBQ sauce! I've not had any major cravings though; I've not had to get up at 2AM just to go get pickles or olives (by the way, I still hate olives). When I get a craving for something, I usually just go get it and then the craving goes away. I definitely indulge when the need strikes! I have craved Mexican food a few times lately, but I haven't eaten it in weeks. I'm waiting on a reeeeally good opportunity.

Weight Gain: As of my appointment Tuesday, I'm sitting at a total gain of 16.2 pounds. My doctor was impressed and happy with the loss from that 12 pound jump and just wants me to continue monitoring until due date. I so wish that at around week 38, assuming I make it that far, I could just start shoving food in my mouth and enjoy at least a whole week of the "typical pregnancy" some women have where they just don't give a shit and eat what they want when they want. But I know that's not a good idea, even for the tiny women who do it! Healthy mama, healthy baby!

Glucose Test: I failed. By 6 little points. My blood sugar was 146, and their cut-off is 140. Some offices dictate 135 and some say 150 is the magic number. If only I went to a 150 office! I seriously could have cried. I was so disappointed, but then my doctor came in and explained that he wasn't worried about it. There could be a multitude of reasons why my blood sugar was elevated and most women fail by wayyy more than 6 points. Even still, I will go back in three weeks for the three hour test, and he thinks I'll do just fine. I can't help but feel a little... Helpless. I'm trying to have the "perfect pregnancy," realizing at the same time that it is not possible. It's yucky and annoying sometimes, and we have absolutely no control over some of the things our bodies are doing. Having gestational diabetes is one of them. Either I do or I don't, and I've got to get over it and stop worrying. If I do, it's okay. I've stayed healthy and will continue doing so. If not? When I leave my OB's office on July 22nd, I'm headed straight for the Mexican restaurant for a humongous, well-deserved quesadilla.

Up Next: Bathing suit for the beach has been ordered! Check out this super sexy number in cobalt. No, I will not post any modeling pictures. I'd hate to put a virus on your device. I also ordered a black tankini top to match some hot pink bottoms I have from last summer.

Vaught's room is coming along very nicely! I recently got a duvet cover and shams on clearance for $11 at Target, as well as navy curtains for $10! Carousel Designs, where his baby bedding was ordered, is also running a 4th of July sale where everything is 20% off, so I got him a changing pad cover last week for $32! A few nights ago, Eric and I put his Eddie Bauer play yard together (pack-n-play, basically), and I got his crib mattress, so we are almost set!  I just need some minor décor items, and I want to get even more organized in his room! It's getting more and more real! He will be in my arms in three months or less!
 

My first baby shower: August 3rd, hosted by two of my best friends, Cheslin and Anna Kate! I'm so excited!!! One of the main things I'm looking forward to?? Anna Kate's coffee punch: my favorite!

Twerk-n-Jerk: One of my July goals is to work out at the gym four times a week. Sometimes I get lazy and might only make it there once or twice. When I work out at home, I'm not as motivated; I move slower and take more water breaks. Usually my dogs will interrupt me, so I'll play with them for a minute or two, often totally forgetting what rep I was on or what exercise I was even doing. At the gym, I move fast and get a lot of work done in less than an hour. Where do I get my workouts? Michelle Marie Fit.  I am obsessed with her workouts, and they can be tapered to fit any woman's workout style! A few of the ones I've been doing lately are below. Give them a try! You feel incredible afterwards!
For the days when I have only half an hour :)

I get a serious burn from this one for several hours!


Gotta keep the legs in check; pregnancy has made mine thicker!!

Belly Shots

I know I should probably wear more fitted clothes for these pictures, but I hope it's obvious that the roundness and poke-out-ness is all baby!




Every Thursday I have to go take belly pictures for my dad in our bathroom at work... He says it's his favorite thing about Thursday now :)
 

I can't believe we're only twelve weeks away from meeting face to face! I cannot wait to hold this little guy! My friends with children keep telling me that there's just something about little boys and their mama's; I can't wait to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment