Thursday, July 17, 2014

30 Week Update

     It is so crazy to think that in ten weeks or less, I'll be holding our baby boy. I'm at week 30 today and am hoping and praying that I do not hit the 40's! I just have this funny feeling that Vaught's going to arrive early for us. It would be wonderful to go into labor right after the football game on September 13th at Ole Miss. Since I'm having him in Oxford, we could just go check in after an ass-whoopin on the Cajuns and go home a few days later with our little boy. I know... keep dreaming, right?

     Vaught is now very close to his birth length and his weight is sneaking on up. My three hour glucose test is next Tuesday, and my guess is that he's going to weigh about three and a half pounds by then. And speaking of glucose, I have had my blood sugar checked twice since my one hour test; it has been normal both times. Let's hope it stays that way :)

Movement: an elbow here, a knee there. He's all over the place, as usual. And still very playful! There is nothing so weird yet so satisfying as lying down at night and watching my belly move around as he shifts positions and rolls around.
"Drink Coffee & Be Happy" with slightly swollen feet :)

Weight Gain: between now and his birthday, he'll put on about a half pound per week, so I expect to put on a few pounds too, which is fine. My home scale shows that I've gained about nineteen pounds. I've noticed some puffiness in my arms and legs that wasn't there just a few weeks ago. I'm keeping the sugar and sodium intake as low as I can, so I'm assuming that these are just very normal pregnancy side effects :)

Diet: I've "stuck" to the GD diet, but I slip up every now and then. And by every now and then I mean about once every day or two. I'm craving sweets like crazy; like chocolate chip cookies and ice cream.Together. The really bizarre thing is that aside from craving something sweet, I've not been very hungry at all lately. But if I can just have a little when the craving comes, I'm fine. Trying to hold off is what drives me nuts. It's not worth it to go insane. I have 10 weeks left, so I'm entitled to a little ice cream. Okie doke?

How I feel: Good but sleepy in the afternoon. Not exhausted; just in need of a nap! I'm having a little trouble getting a full night's rest, but I know that sleeping with a big ol' husband and three pitbulls doesn't help much. I have reeeeally bad heartburn; it's probably been the most miserable part of pregnancy. I have to keep a steady supply of Tums on me or I just feel like throwing up.

Cravings: The BBQ phase only lasted a couple of weeks, and now I'm back on sweets. I really love a small strawberry milkshake from Sonic every few days. I might have some cravings, but I'm getting less and less hungry. I rarely finish anything. Sometimes I feel like I'm starving and then when a plate of food is placed in front of me, I lose my appetite completely. Weird, I know .


 Exercise: so I have NOT stuck to my goal of going to the gym four times a week. Last week I went three times, and I have gone three times this week. Once I get there, I get a burst of energy, and I always feel so good afterwards, so I can't imagine why it's so hard getting there--aside from feeling really tired in the afternoon! But I love how I feel when a good workout is done, and I love the compliments I get when I wear my Sweating for Two tank :)

Up Next: When this publishes, I will be at the BEACH!!!!!! My family are already there, arrived on Saturday, and they are so excited for me to come too! Personally, I think they're just looking forward to poking fun at me in my maternity swimsuit... My  mom has a habit of saying, "Look at that sweet belly poking out!" Yep mom, there's a baby in there. My first baby shower is August 3rd and my second will be either the last Saturday in August or the first Saturday in September. We will know very soon! I can't wait to do the blog on Vaught's room, but I've still got a little tweaking to do.

Belly Shots


Gotta love my 90's bangs, right?!

Blog on the family vacay to Orange Beach will post sometime next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment