Thursday, May 22, 2014

22 Weeks!


 Today, Baby Pace and I celebrate 22 wonderful weeks together! Okay, so they've not been 100% wonderful all the time, but overall, it's been pretty grand. He probably weighs a good pound by now and is about the size of a small doll. I felt my first kicks on Mother's Day, and since then, he has been all over the place! Between my husband and all the tall people in both of our families (except me, sadly), I feel sure that Vaught will be big, tall guy one day. However, his kicks have me thinking he might be the next Andrew Ritter! Man, this little guy packs a punch! Sometimes he'll do it out of nowhere, and I'm like "Really, son? Really?" He is particularly fond of my bladder. It surprises me sometimes, especially while driving and laying down at nighttime. But it's a bittersweet feeling--bothersome at times, yet I'm just so glad to know he's doing okay in there!
 

Still eating cereal like a mad woman!


I sent this to my family & told them they better tell me I'm cute!


      We have just a couple days of school left, and I am counting down the hours! I can't wait for summer this year, which is rare (fall's my favorite)! I love my summer job so much, and I plan on saving the money from it for a gorgeous navy and grey nursery (and yes, of course I will have to throw in some red and a little Ole Miss memorabilia)! View what we've I've picked out so far here.   I just love the idea of classic colors and a room I won't get sick of. I think this is definitely more common with baby girls than boys, but too often parents moms go a little overboard with crazy colors and patterns that they'll soon tire of as styles change (I'm guilty too, though--I still really love chevron!) But being a lover of classic neutrals (and red and blue, naturally), I know I'm creating a room I will love spending hours upon hours in with our sweet little darling. I'm too excited to pick out a paint color in the next few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment