Friday, May 9, 2014

20 Weeks with Baby P

Officially 20 weeks today!! Halfway there!

 
     One of my students asked if I would pose for a 20 week photo "now that you're finally starting to show." I couldn't help but giggle at her, but it was sweet. And true; I am finally starting to show my pregnancy ever so slightly! I've only noticed in the last 2 weeks that my jeans and work slacks have been just a bit more snug on me, so I've reverted to yoga pants, leggings (as pictured above), dresses, and maxi skirts; I just cannot stand to be uncomfortable for any reason! And as much fun as it to look at maternity clothes, I don't want to go out and spend a fortune on clothes I'll only wear for a few months. One of my best friends had weight loss surgery in December and has since lost almost 80 pounds! I am SO proud of her! And to show my support and encouragement, last week I emptied out approximately two thirds of my closet (my very trendy closet, might I add), filled up three plastic garbage bags, and took the loot to her. She was nearly in tears she was so thrilled!
 
Why do that?" you ask. "Won't you need those clothes after the baby arrives and you can wear them again?" Well. No. I don't think I will. When I found out about Baby Pace, I was in the midst of my very own "fitness journey."  28 days in to be exact. I had lost nearly 20 pounds and looked and felt better than I had in years. I was at a weight I personally hadn't seen in three years. When I discovered I was pregnant (read all about it here ), I vowed that I would continue eating extremely healthy and working out hard 5 days a week like I had been for almost a month. HA! That lasted a matter of days. You see, pregnancy, especially the first trimester, takes over you like nothing you could ever imagine. And it's different for every woman. I spent about 4 weeks in a coma-like state because I just couldn't get enough rest, no matter how long I slept. I was drained of energy, and yeah, I wanted sweet and salty food (read: junk food) as opposed to anything somewhat good for me.
     In my first trimester, I gained about 2 and 1/2 pounds. Not bad! By my third appointment I had gained 7 more, making my total gain 9 and 1/2. And don't ask me what prompted me to do this, but I just stepped on the scale in my bathroom to see that I have gained an additional 1/2 pound since my 16 week appointment. No, it's really not bad at all, so I've done fairly well to be halfway through this pregnancy! But I am so looking forward to continuing my journey and striving to be the healthiest, fittest me once Vaught is here. I know it's going to be tough, but I was enjoying every minute of it prior to getting pregnant. I love fitness and health, and I'm determined to get back on track and keep going!
     Sorry to get off on that, but it's just motivation for me throughout this pregnancy--I can't wait to get back in the gym and go full throttle!! So, yes, I gave most of my clothes to my friend and kept the basics and my new maternity dresses for the summer. Once baby gets here, it is back on track to fit and healthy!!
 
     New this week: Well, I'm finally starting to look and feel pregnant!
     Baby Pace's movement: None yet, not that I know of. I think I have felt the "fluttering" sensation a couple times, but it's hard to say for sure. Honestly, I am waiting on that good kick to my gut. Then I'll really know that's little Vaught causing trouble!
     Weight gain: So far in my pregnancy, I have gained 9.6 pounds exactly. However, I'm counting that from the weight I was at my first appointment on February 12th. I had probably gained a couple of pounds from what I'd lost that day, but I'm going by the scale in the doctor's office :)
      Vaught: He is about the size of a melon now and weighs close to 10 ounces! He was 7 ounces at 16 weeks, so 10 is my guess now, but it could be more! I can't wait to feel him kick and move around!
 
Up Ahead...
 
     Tomorrow my cousin, a Mississippi State fan, graduates from my beloved alma mater (and now hers too!) The University of Mississippi! I am SO proud of her!! Her graduation is at 11am, so I'll be making the drive to Oxford to watch her walk across the stage. My little baby brother is engaged, and there's a party for him tomorrow night, so the husband will be joining me in my hometown, Potts Camp, for that.
     Sunday is Mother's Day, and I'm so excited this year. My husband thinks it's a little silly that I want to celebrate Mother's Day already, but I feel like after carrying his son for 20 weeks, I am entitled to at least a nice card :) I will also hopefully get something special about my own precious mother posted tomorrow or Sunday night. She's the best, so all the world should know.
 
Have a fabulous weekend!! :)
 
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Random question: What school do you work at? You look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks so very much. You are so kind, Lauren! I did work at Lake Cormorant High School in Desoto County for two years. I recently resigned... Blog post on that big decision coming soon! :)))

      Delete